A vertically slanted train in motion. | Teen Ink

A vertically slanted train in motion.

By Writer_In_The_Dark GOLD, Mount Vernon, Ohio
Writer_In_The_Dark GOLD, Mount Vernon, Ohio

"Happiness can be found in even the darkest of times, one needs only remember to turn on a light."
-Albus Percival Wulfrick Brian Dumbledore, in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

A few years ago, I hopped on a train. There I met my mother and father, my aunts and uncles, brothers, sisters, cousins, grandparents, friends, and so on. Everyone packed into one seat. The body that sat across from me was quite divine. In my heart, I know His name, and it was somewhere in my mind. I just had to wait for Him to remind me. Next to me, Silence was firmly seated to my right, with his hand over my mouth. And to my left, was a woman named Ignorance, who held me tight, and kept me secure in the seat, but only let my arms free for punching, and my feet free for kicking. I sat like that for years. And as the man across from me moved the hands of time, those hands also reached down and slowly released me from Ignorance and Silence. The eternal scream that I’d had building up all that time made no noise, for curiosity was better a soundproof than Silence’s hand. I searched every corner of that car, never looking back to my seat, or the one across from that. I wanted to explore and search, looking, finding, and learning. A new world! A new world for old eyes! Old eyes, not so old yet old to I. I reached the door, and found it locked, and the window so big, and still, like a sticker on the window. I saw bright colours, new places and people to see. But this one thing I already knew, everyone I need or know is in the He who sat across from me. But back to the problem, it was locked. I ran across the car, to the other door, and found it locked as well, and the window so small was foggy, but still clear enough, but only just, to see. I saw grand colours, peace, and forever. When the voice of Infinity spoke, I heard. One was with him, and the other was not. Now that I knew, both doors were unlocked. I walked, paced, across the car, trying to choose. Where do I go? Where have I been? Where is my future, for long or forever?