Why Say That? | Teen Ink

Why Say That?

By TryingSomethingNew BRONZE, New Iberia, Louisiana
TryingSomethingNew BRONZE, New Iberia, Louisiana

"Dance like no one's watching" mainly because i love to dance.

<center>Every time we get in a fuss with our mom or dad, the first thing we say “ I wish they would go somewhere and leave me alone” , but you have to be careful what you wish for. Some kids in the world don’t have parents but yet we allow ourselves to use that quote so lightly.
Why do we let ourselves say such thing when we know the possibilities of that actually happening?
Maybe you have an older sibling that has the advantage of telling you what to do, and you hate it. The first thing you say is “ I wish I was the oldest or I wish I didn’t have siblings or I wish they would move out. Some people grew up wishing they had someone to play with when there was no one else, they wish that when they got into that big trouble that they had someone older to let them know it was wrong before doing it.
Little do we know, our family is partially what makes us, us. When you think about it, wouldn’t you much rather have them then wonder what it would be like if you didn’t have them. I can tell you there has been various times when I quoted things like that, not thinking. At the end of the day I’m thankful though.<center>