Her Fault | Teen Ink

Her Fault

September 15, 2011
By B1ackAnge1 SILVER, Darrington, Washington
B1ackAnge1 SILVER, Darrington, Washington
6 articles 0 photos 8 comments

Favorite Quote:
Make the best out of the worst situation.


She swears she loves me, she says its true but what kind of mother would watch their child’s life fade and not do anything. What hurts the most is knowing that she would have let me die, she would have watched. Don’t get me wrong I love my mother, but she broke me.

The weight she put on my shoulders, she watched as it crushed me. She watched my eyes lose all hope, watched all of my emotions disappear. She let the darkness swallow me and not once did she offer her hand.

Do you know what it’s like to slowly die? To feel that life you used to have just give up? Have you ever been completely defeated? How many times have you looked in the mirror and not be able to see some emotion in your face, in your eyes?

I can answer all of these questions. It hurts to slowly die; it hurts to feel completely defeated. For months every time I looked in the mirror the only thing I saw was a shell, I never seen any emotion because I just couldn’t feel. I literally had nothing left inside, I was empty.


The author's comments:
I wrote this when my mother turned her back on me because of drugs, I gave up everything and that nearly killed me but still she did nothing. I know that I'm not alone in this but I dont know how many people have the courage to change their life as I have.