Haunting Melody | Teen Ink

Haunting Melody

By Signed_DK SILVER, Declo, Idaho
Signed_DK SILVER, Declo, Idaho

There is no line between genius and insanity, I erased it.

Violence isn't the answer, it's the solution.

I ran into the room. I could hear and see the haunting melody coming from the piano. The notes seemed to float off the page. They were spinning, dancing through my ears.

My sister left, the piano now silent. I climbed up onto the bench. She had left the music on the stand.

My small hands brushed the keys. They were black and white like an old photograph. Putting the music away, I started to play.

The melody I played was different, not what my sister played. This was a song from my heart, filling my soul. The music made my soul want to break free from it's bodily constraints.

As fast as the music came, it was gone. Lost in the mists of a mind overflowing with imagination.

Gone away. The music was gone. Until the next time my mind was set free, the slow haunting melody- disappered.

Music is in all of us, set it free and you will soar to new heights.

LifesIllusion BRONZE, Cicero, Indiana

"Don't let your fears slow you down. Instead, chase them down and beat them."

Loved it! You made it flow perfectly with ease. The topic is peacful and you wrote with heart. Good job! 5/5 stars :) Now will you check out my poem called the friend wars? thanks!

Jappyalldayeveryday, Detroit, Michigan

They say that good things take time, but really great things happen in the blink of an eye

This is good, though I'd like there to be a bit more on how the narrator feels about his/her sister.

Danealle SILVER, Wheeling, Illinois

Anything is possible with a smile and goal in mind.

This is what happens when i write sometimes and I think to a certain extent all artists can relate to this! Nice job :)

.Izzy. BRONZE said...
.Izzy. BRONZE, Broadview Heights, Ohio
I love the short-and-sweetness of this. Being a musician, I found this to be a very cool perspective of music. I like this piece a lot. Keep writing!

MakennaD BRONZE, Rupert, Idaho

When a door closes a window opens. Now it's up to you decide if you want to squeeze through the window or find another door.

I hate how so much more talented you are then me!