The Dauntless Nomad | Teen Ink

The Dauntless Nomad MAG

By ASoulFullOfDreams SILVER, North Smithfield, Rhode Island
ASoulFullOfDreams SILVER, North Smithfield, Rhode Island

"Above all else, it is about leaving a mark that I existed: I was here. I was hungry. I was defeated. I was happy. I was sad. I was in love. I was afraid. I was hopeful. I had an idea and I had a good purpose and that's why I made works of art."
~Felix Gonzalez-Torre

A wholesome soul tattered at the seams
The fray within him silently conflicting he deepest core of his heart
Gashes crust over
Scars fade ivory and etch taunting reminiscence upon his flesh
Inside he still bleeds
Afflicted by wounds that even time can't heal
Abstaining the tears
He keeps his game face on
Screw destiny
All he has are the choices he makes
And yet he is entwined by a fate he does not desire
Engulfed by calamity in which he cannot prevail
He has one job that defines him, hunting things, saving people, the family business
This weight on his shoulders strains his poture
It could be simple
All he would have to do is walk away
But he cares too much
His love plagues him with passion that seeps through the spider cracks of his soul
It never really occurred to him that although he never had a roof and four walls
He was never in fact homeless
His vintage steel beauty cruises the dusty back roads of the country
His Achilles' heel rides shotgun
He ensconces the fuselage embedding his despair
He has no illusions
He knows the life he leads
He knows how it will end for him
But he's got a give-'em-hell attitude thatgets him through the day
His fortitude designates him a hero
This travail he shall overcome
This dauntless nomad carries on

The TV series Supernatural has had a huge impact on my life and one particular character is the essential reason why I tune in every week. Dean Winchester is a three-dimensional, dynamic, and very real person dealing with extraordinary conflicts. Personally I think he is the greatest character to ever grace the television screen and the writers of the show successfully concocted an extremely well developed, underrated leading man that since the pilot has grown immensely over time. I admire Dean and I consider him my role model because no matter how much he struggles and how much pain he endures he keeps fighting for what he believes in regardless of the cost. He can be obnoxious, pushy, close-minded, and headstrong but he is also fiercely protective, extremely loyal, brave, and compassionate. He does what needs to be done because there is no one else to do it which makes him more of a hero than anyone who claims to be one.