Awakening Me | Teen Ink

Awakening Me

By livelaughlove96 BRONZE, Cary, North Carolina
livelaughlove96 BRONZE, Cary, North Carolina

"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, its about learning how to dance in the rain."

Tired; out of breath. My knees collapsed; my heart gave out. I fell to the floor. Suddenly all the pain was gone. The numbness engulfed my body into a comfortable darkness. The only thing I could feel was the cold tile floor against my cheek. I didn’t know how long I had been lying there, or even cared, before I saw your crystal eyes gazing my way. It scared me. I was so accustomed to feeling nothing. Not open to feeling anything, and if I were to feel this, I would become vulnerable again. But the moment your fingertips touched my skin, a jolt of electricity made me feel something. Then it was like nothing was real, except for the look in your eyes. When you held me I felt a rush. When you kissed me it was like I was brought back to life. Like a newborn child, I felt so alive. Thank you for awaking me.

Thank you smiler:)

Mynameislindsayy SILVER, Seattle, Washington

"I'd rather just except who I am, what's the use of trying to change?"

Love it! It made me think..