Translucent Skies | Teen Ink

Translucent Skies

By Wintergrl7 GOLD, Hopkinton, Massachusetts
Wintergrl7 GOLD, Hopkinton, Massachusetts

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
—William Arthur Ward
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
—Daniel J. Boorstin

Purple rain falls through translucent skies
as silver mountain tops slice into the ivory-feathered wisps that grace its surface.
Neon wings dance in the crisp air
while their green pined landings are the connection between our home and theirs.
Shards of cotton beauty are draped across the still-healthy land,
as their brothers and sisters flutter down to join their awaiting twins
Roof tops infused with midnight are scattered across the bountiful earth
while warm breath twirls and spins out of their small opening made by careful hands.
I hold my breath to silence all but the song of the woods,
so sweet and lonesome, it’s tender fingers steal the very breath from my down-turned lips
and drown me in it’s eerie melody,
shy to the very thing that gave it life.

—William Arthur Ward
—Daniel J. Boorstin

ya just to add onto my last comment, i guess this is more like a girl just standing outside and what she sees. Its not neccessarily beautiful

—William Arthur Ward
—Daniel J. Boorstin

thanks so much!!!!!

dropkickblues BRONZE, Hopkinton, Massachusetts

I really like this one. The way you don't describe something just by flat out using adjectives is really admirable.

Awesome job:)

I really like this one. The way you don't just flat out describe something using plain adjectives is really admirable.

Awesome job:)

—William Arthur Ward
—Daniel J. Boorstin

Thanks for commenting:) I just randomly wrote this one day, I don't think its really about the beauty... Thanks again:)

BluBliss GOLD said...
BluBliss GOLD, New York, New York

Bella's love for Edward was like, "Omg. He's hot. He's mine because he sparkles. Now I'll brood the wholle book while I'm with him."

I like it. but if this is about the beauty of nature, it's not that beautiful. *Shrug*