Trapped | Teen Ink

Trapped

By makaylaaarianna BRONZE, Covington, Georgia
makaylaaarianna BRONZE, Covington, Georgia

I look in the mirror and see a girl who looks like me.

In her eyes, I see traces of tears. Tears of joy and sadness.

I look past her smile and see a face full of pain.

She's hurting inside, but no one seems to notice or much less care.

They see her smile and assume everything is alright,

But no one takes the time to find out whats really going on.

She tries to speak and let them know how she really feels,

But she only says what they want to hear.

She's suffering inside from complacency and compromise.

No one understands her.

She's trapped.

I wrote this poem when i felt like nothing was going right. I looked in the mirror and saw my face. I was a wreck! After I wrote this, I felt so much better. Enjoy !

youngspeare BRONZE, Nairobi, Other

We wouldn't ask a rose that grew from the concrete for having damaged petals; in turn we'd all celebrate its tenacity, we'd all love tz will to reach the sun well we are the roses n these are my damaged petals don't ask me why thank God and ask me how

Great poem! I can so relate to it! :)Keep posting. 
Please check out my poem "Ghosts of the Past" and rate/comment? I'd really appreciate it! 

deleteddeletedFoff, Columbus, Ohio
bravo. that's me in a nutshell

Helena_Noel BRONZE, Burnt Hills, New York

“I'd rather see a sermon than hear one any day; I'd rather one should walk with me than merely tell the way: The eye's a better pupil and more willing than the ear, fine counsel is confusing, but example's always clear.” -Edgar Guest

I like this, it is very good, very easy to understand and be sympathetic with the emotion behind it. However, although free verse is called free verse, I always thought (someone correct me if Im wrong, free vers isn't my forte) that the thing that makes it a poem IS its form. The way its cut imitates speach. It makes it possible to SEE a person voice (as weird as that sounds) when you read it. I don't think that should dertact from the unique style and talent you showed, though, expecially since I'm unsure. Great work, four stars.