This Is What You Mean To Me. | Teen Ink

This Is What You Mean To Me.

By sunshine7223 SILVER, Holdenville, Oklahoma
sunshine7223 SILVER, Holdenville, Oklahoma

"Afterall, a loose screw doesn't want to need, and a hammer doesn't want to be needed." -Me

"Those who observe with their eyes closed and mouths open, are usually not as wise as those who allow their minds to wander freely." -Me

I try to imagine what it'd be like,
if "only" existed, we'd see light.
Is it possible for me to be, for you to see,
do you pretend, only to defend?
Or is there no pretending, is it real?
I'm showing all there is to reveal.
I stand here with open arms,
no need to set off alarms.
For the first time, for the last,
this is nothing like the past.
I see silver, and I see gold,
this sculpture I try to mold.
Trying to bring out the best, and nothing less,
nothing here is in order, it's all a big mess.
But should I evade?
It's hard to persuade.
I see life taking form, ready to begin,
but I can't contemplate this situation I'm in.
It brings me worry, but there you are,
through it all, you'll be my shining star.
Do you see what I see? I do not know,
But you took me high when I was low.
Strength and determination, you must see,
what you've done, what you mean to me.
I thought I'd die, bitter and old,
I didn't know I'd escape the cold.
You understand, you see right through,
there is not a thing I wouldn't do for you.
If your pride is damaged,
I will give the love you managed,
to give to me, to make me see,
the better side of me.
You made me see, I don't need wings to fly,
that you'll be there, there's no reason to cry,
that I can do anything, as you can,
Let's fly together, will you be my man?
With those 3 words, so overused,
mistaken and frequently abused.
I will try another way, another way to say,
you bring blue to the sky that was grey.
I'm here, don't worry my dear,
from my heart, I am sincere.
I'll continue to feed your mind,
and hope that you will find,
all that you've made me see,
I'll build you up, when your broken and empty,
because your all I want, this is what you mean to me.

The love of my life inspired me to write this. We were going through a bit of a rough spot, but I knew we'd make it through. I hope people will have a new perspective or at least a second thought on the many possibilities life generates for everyone.

bbeast BRONZE said...
bbeast BRONZE, Anaconda, Montana

“I learned this, at least, by my experiment; that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.” ~Henry David Thoreau

You are most welcome sunshine. No need to apologize for being grateful. I'm glad that I was able to make you happy. I just hope you can keep up the great work. It is inspiring to me. Just re-reading it now makes me want to pick up a pen. Something I haven't done in weeks. So once again sunshine, my thanks go out to you.

Wow, Beast. I am SO sorry. I literally just got this comment. I haven't been on the computer much lately. WOW, that really touches me. You just made me feel like a million bucks. And yes I know both "thank you" and "I love you" are terribly overused. But I MUST say thank you for your extremely kind words. I cannot tell you how much it means to me, that you enjoy my work so much. :))) And thank you SO much, once more, for searching for the meanings in my works. Alot of people choose to read it once, get a clouded meaning out of it, and then carry on. Reading your message seriously made me smile SO big. Thanks a ton. :))) Sorry for saying thank you so many times, lol. But seriously, it means everything (your comment.) Thank you for making my week. :)

Tiggerlily14 said...
I have no words to describe it, so....    <3

That's the nicest thing anyone has said to me on this site! :) Seriously! That made my week! Lol! Thank you so much!!!

Jeast10 GOLD said...
Jeast10 GOLD, Beaumont, Texas

"when nothing goes right... go left."

you inspire me!

KShep12 GOLD said...
KShep12 GOLD, Lake Butler, Florida

"It isn't where you came from, its where you're going that counts." -Ella Fitzgerald

I really like this. I love the way you worded this. You're really good at it too!

Thank you. :)

Supriya PLATINUM, Palampur, Other

Poetry spills from the cracks of broken heart, but flows from the one which is loved.

So true! You,ve really got the talent :)

Thanks! :)

izyfizy GOLD said...
izyfizy GOLD, Alameda, California

You all laugh because I'm different,
I laugh because you're all the same.
- Anonymous

I Love the way it flows! :) Great poem!

bbeast BRONZE said...
bbeast BRONZE, Anaconda, Montana

Sunshine, I have been reading your work, and it is all so amazing. It's easy to relate. I think it takes a certain mind set to read your poetry the right way, and I do agree that a poem should be taken how it needs to be taken, but I also like to look at a poem and see what the author meant. With you, I can. Your work touches me on a level that leaves me wanting to cry.  Tears of happiness I guess, that someone actually understands. Thank you Sunshine! I mean it. And just like I love you, I think Thank you is over-used, and easily misunderstood, but my soul is reverberating with thanks to you. Please! Please, keep writing.

Well thanks. :)

no.name. PLATINUM, Ceres, California

I like this. It reminds me of a guy I like.