New beginning | Teen Ink

New beginning

By hotshot PLATINUM, North Sioux City, South Dakota
hotshot PLATINUM, North Sioux City, South Dakota

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.
Henry David Thoreau

Times change days role away. memories fade and thoughts are stored. the sun shines a little light so close and dear to me so here is some for you; actions tell us deeds that can be done. feelings paint the picture of that one person. I'm standing here, waiting, waiting for a new beginning waiting for another challenge. live life not from your dreams but of your desires, here is a promise that can hardly be made but yet i have a plan not a story or a destination but an idea of what that special idea is. so now my time has ended, my curtain is closing so now the next chapter starts with you.

this piece is mostly for my grandmother. without her i wouldn't be where i am today or have the knowledge i do know.
this piece is supposed to say that the things you learn may not always have a meaning or an easy way out. but they all have an impact on your life or the people you meet or already know. this is supposed to mean that even though we think our parents or grandparents are harping on us or just telling another old story. that we should listen and not doubt because they are giving you a piece of their history and they are helping you to learn a good way to live.

HiddenAngelInTheDark PLATINUM, Brooklyn, New York

Theres so many that I can't pick sorry

I agree it's very beautiful and we can all learn from the old and young

Henry David Thoreau

thanks i appreciate it . and i tried to go by my emotions so that kind of helped bring out the message in this poem

-jr2- SILVER said...
-jr2- SILVER, Piti, Other
its nice! what you said is true.......

Henry David Thoreau

thanks young i really appreciate it

youngspeare BRONZE, Nairobi, Other

We wouldn't ask a rose that grew from the concrete for having damaged petals; in turn we'd all celebrate its tenacity, we'd all love tz will to reach the sun well we are the roses n these are my damaged petals don't ask me why thank God and ask me how

Nice one! I liked it..do check out mine please :) and keep posting!