I Didn't Edit this | Teen Ink

I Didn't Edit this

By Eshshah PLATINUM, Galloway, New Jersey
Eshshah PLATINUM, Galloway, New Jersey

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep. But I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep." -Robert Frost

I didn’t edit this

I left it this way

Raw and pure

Like a winter wind

No

It might not rhyme

But that’s not what life is about

Is it?

I didn’t edit this

It may be

Full of mistakes

But I don't care

I leave this poem

For you

Unedited.

taylor1226 said...
taylor1226, Alexandria, Virginia

grrs.

great poem. I liked it.

poetic.eyes PLATINUM, Everson, Washington

eARTh

That was a great idea! I really liked how you made the poem have the feeling you were talking about in it! I hope you understand what I'm saying sometimes I have a hard time explaining things! ;) wink!

Kiki_McGee GOLD, Woodstock, Illinois

"Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul - and sings the tunes without the words - and never stops at all." - Emily Dickinson

I must admit that I really like this. I like the simplicity and yet the deep thoughts that make up this poem. My only criticizism (and really can't even be called a criticism) is that the word "this" in the title should be capitalized.

TheGirlWhoDancesWithSnowflakes SILVER, Sunnyvale, Texas

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."

Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another,
"What! You too? I thought I was the only one."
- C. S. Lewis

WOAH. this was pure, raw, captivating, intense! I could throw words together to describe how wonderful this poem was, but it wouldn't get my point across. I loved the simplicity of it all; it was just purely you getting your feelings across in the poem. No rhymes to throw you off, no rhythm to follow; No, it was just unbound and free to go on its own course. :D good job!

PhoenixCrossing GOLD, Tinley Park, Illinois
I like this concept a lot. It's very eye catching. It's also written really well. The only part I'd suggest looking over is the ending. The whole piece seems as like it's talking about the world in general but then at the end you mention a person. I'd say either insert more foreshadowing or change the ending. That's just my opinion of course! Great job, otherwise!

Kimberlywrites BRONZE, Waikoloa, Hawaii

For we have not been given a spirit of fear but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

II Timothy 1:7

Very neat poem!

dolphinportkey7 GOLD, D, Other

"Because I knew you, I have been changed for good" AND "'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all"

It comes across exactly as you wanted it to be- untainted, raw, and all the better for it. It's literally your words on paper. Great job. :)

Inksy SILVER said...
Inksy SILVER, A, Utah

"Three can keep a secret if two of them are dead"
~Benjamin Frankiln
"Love? Above all things I believe in love. Love is like oxygen. Love is a many splendored thing. Love lifts us up where we belong. All you need is love."
~Moulin Rouge

This is amazing! This is a fantastic metaphor... its beautiful. I love it. A-plus, 5/5, all that good stuff (: Could you check out some of my work and rate/comment? I'd really appreciate it!

lucygirl26 GOLD, Greensboro, North Carolina

"Life is like a bowl of spaghetti. Every once in a while, you get a meatball." - Sharon Creech

This was unique and interesting. I liked how it was short but to the point and concise. I really enjoyed this :) no criticisms

O.G.B said...
O.G.B, Phoenix, Arizona
I really like this poem...I like the topic and the structure of it. 5/5