Remember Me? | Teen Ink

Remember Me?

By TheRoadNotTaken BRONZE, Sanford, Florida
TheRoadNotTaken BRONZE, Sanford, Florida

"Two roads diverge in a yellow wood. And i - I take the one less travled by. And that has made all the diffrence." - Robert Frost " The road not taken"

Remember me? Remember the day we sat on your front porch and ate so many popsicles that our tongues turned multi-colored? Do you remember the time that we had the ice cream eating contest and we both entered it, and of course you being more of a sweet tooth won? Do you remember when I slept over at your house for the first time and we stayed up all night talking about who was the hottest boy in our school and watched a bunch of horror movies? Do you have the slightest idea of what happened after we left middle school and moved on to high school and we made sure that we had all of the same classes? Remember when we had that huge birthday party for your sixteenth birthday? Do you even remember that last day when we actually made it to the graduation day? Were I said I’m going to Rhode Island, but you said you would rather not go to college at all.. but I made you come with me anyways!? Do you remember any of those precious days were you were my best friend for life…. Well at least most of it. You probably don’t remember the day were you decided to go hang out with that really weird and scary gang that was told to be the drug-attics of the world. You probably don’t remember that night when you snuck out and took a ride with them. You probably won’t remember that night when that reeled you in and got you lost in their world. I was called at one o’clock in the morning that I was needed in the local hospital’s Emergency room. So I drove there and was told to wait. So I waited… waited… until I could take it no more! I had to know what was going on! I ran up to the desk and said “Tell me why I was told to come here!” then very calmly the lady asked me to follow her to that dreaded room. When I got there she told me to be very calm and quiet and pulled open the curtain that was hiding the terrifying thing behind it. It looked at first like a pile of blankets, needles, tubes, liquids, and medicines. Then I took a closer look and realized what was hidden deep under the pile of equipments and I burst in a stream of tears when I noticed that you …. You my only life -long friend was the thing hidden under everything that reminded me of pain. Your eyes were shut and your heart beat was very, very... slow. I asked the nurse what had happened and she said that they took you. That terrible gang took you and drowned you in their sick world. Now I sat down on the one part of the bed that was not covered in tubes and everything else, held your hand and hoped that you would please… please just make it through. Then I told myself this was a dream all of my life was just a dream. I told myself to wake up. I yelled at myself. I did everything possible to wake myself up. But nothing. Then I did something. I thought back the old days. I thought back to the time were we had fun. Were we were who we wanted to be. I thought of all the times were we went camping in the nearby woods, the time were we did what we wanted when we wanted. Then something happened. I felt a slight pressure on my hand and opened my eyes. You fluttered your eyes very slowly and they soon opened. Then as if nothing had happened you said …. “Hey, were are we now?” I giggled and said we are in a dream. Then you fell into a deep- coma. And when you finally woke, you remembered nothing. So now I sit here telling you every day what happened in your life. And now every mrning you wake up I say “Remember Me?”

Lynnieluv BRONZE, Corona, New York

"A star doesn't shine unless you're the star..."

Omgness this is so amazing! Is this a true story? It is so sad and beautiful at the same time. You are a very talented writer!

. said...
Thanks alot! im really glad you like it!

AngelsKiss PLATINUM, Paris, Tennessee

You have the power to live another Childhood, so open up the door leaving back your doubts.

This poem, told a story that was so in depth and filled with such motion, I was completely blown away, and if this is true and you new.. Well all I can say is way to go, a wonderful piece I hope others to come will be as amazing as this:)

screenname55555555, D, Alabama
I really liked it! It's powerful and very moving. Not to mention how clever the use of "remember me" was.