All of My Nothing | Teen Ink

All of My Nothing

By Boosflash DIAMOND, Papillion, Nebraska
Boosflash DIAMOND, Papillion, Nebraska

What the front door.

Don’t mind all these broken bones,
They’re just left over from
the last time that you left.
Oh no, don’t move my heart,
leave it right there on the sofa.
Why the sofa? Well it’s not like
I have anywhere else to put it.
Um, just ignore my legs.
They’re old and crippled I know,
but they were all that I had.
My eyes-oh you can keep them.
I’m not sure they work though,
seems they’re always blind to something.
My muscles, those dumb things.
they never really did work out,
Haha, “Work out”, you get it?
you know, like you and me?
Oh, never mind.
About my lips, you can toss those.
They just won’t stay closed.
It’s no wonder I never shut up.
Have you ever wondered why I never shut up?
And where are my lungs? Did you take those?
That’s okay; I’m used to you taking my breath away.
Hmm, now what about the rest of my love...
What? You want THAT? Really?
I did not see that coming...

Well, you know.

on Jun. 25 2014 at 9:37 am
Miss_Orange SILVER, Makati, Other

"I'm OK, I'm Fine and I'm alright are the greatest lies people tell each other everyday." By Me.

No problem! anything to help you steer your mighty ship to clearer waters and skies!

Boosflash DIAMOND, Papillion, Nebraska

What the front door.

I wish. Thank you captain.

on Jun. 23 2014 at 3:20 am
Miss_Orange SILVER, Makati, Other

Hey! another good one!! it's a trail mix of emotions going on! dang, you're good. :)

SaphiraBrightscales DIAMOND, Islamabad, Other

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- Maya Angelou
When i was little/I used to point a chubby finger toward the dark sky/And ask my father/why some stars moved and others didn’t/He would laugh and explain that some were airplanes/I still wish on them today ~ Laugh-It-Out
The feathers of a crow are black/The ink of my pen is blacker/The pain of my heart is blackest~ Mckay
If love produced a blossom/I’d take it in my palm/What a blessing, the bright color!/How soothing, such a balm!/I’d keep a petal for my own/The rest, drop from my hands/For such a flower would multiply/And populate the lands~ thesilentraven
And I began to rival legends/Long entombed before my birth./But for all my much envied fame/The lust for more would not abate./The plaques and prizes with my name/Will, like all things, disintegrate. ~ TheEpic95 now known as Helena_Noel

* Teary Eyed Smile * Exactly!! That's why I regret it too,,, but meeting you here seems that one of those awesome people still remains, and I'm so thankful for that :D

Boosflash DIAMOND, Papillion, Nebraska

What the front door.

...Yeah me too, because now all the fluffy people are gone. There does however, still remain just the tiniest inkling of their fluff.....

- Maya Angelou

Pardon, Your Majesty! Hahaha seriously Goshhh aren't you so old for a teenager??  :P   Hmmm.. I wish I had been here before, I regret everyday not finding out about this place earlier you know.... :((

Boosflash DIAMOND, Papillion, Nebraska

What the front door.

No...you mean Welcome your Saphiraness. I was here before, like 3000 years ago...

Boosflash DIAMOND, Papillion, Nebraska

What the front door.

I have no idea what that means, but thx so much!!!

- Maya Angelou

And I love you so much for replying to my comment, Oh! and for sharing all this awesome stuff! Welcome Captain!

Boosflash DIAMOND, Papillion, Nebraska

What the front door.

You are so fluffy. I love you so much for commentating. Thankness Captain.

despurlock DIAMOND, Morgantown, West Virginia

"The heart has its reasons which reason does not know." -Pascal, Pensees, 1670

I lo Preferences § 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 - = Backspace   Tab q w e r t y u i o p [ ]   Return     capslock a s d f g h j k l ; ' \   shift ` z x c v b n m , . / shift     English     Deutsch   Español   Français   Italiano   Português   Русский   alt alt     Preferences I love the breaks in your poem and the intertwining of certain feelings with a varied sense. This is a great piece!  

- Maya Angelou

WOW....This was so much different from what I had originally expected...from the title that is, turned out to be so much more! The way you put it out, all those body parts explained, all that anger shown through humour and OH the irony! LOved it :D

Boosflash DIAMOND, Papillion, Nebraska

What the front door.

Oh, wow. Thanks! I love you so much:) How insightful you have become to the trenches of my mind.

DarkBlueBaby BRONZE, Chestnut Ridge, New York

"Why fit in when you were born to stand out?" ~ Dr. Seuss
"Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game."

I don't think I've ever read a poem that has had both humor and sadness. This piece is amazing. You have a certain dark humor about you, which I really like, and it's clearly portrayed in your work. Please keep writing! (:

Quite the interesting comment. Made me read the poem over again. Thanks muchment. I am much appreciating the specific feedback. Loves you much.

sjwanderlust said...
sjwanderlust, New Rochelle, New York
I really like how you introduced and deconstructed your character at the same time.its like you got to know them as they were falling apart. It shows the ugly truth behind a break-up. 

Boosflash DIAMOND, Papillion, Nebraska

What the front door.

It took forever for me to figure out how to respond. And look! I still have nothing. Pleasure to a hear you from it always has been. I invite you to devour.

timevampire GOLD, Bellville, Ohio

Quoting yourself makes you an ass.

I haven't read much on here long time. But I knew what whos poetry I should start reading when I started again. Beautiful as always.

Aderes47 GOLD said...
Aderes47 GOLD, Cambridge, Massachusetts

You will find as you look back upon your life that the moments when you have truly lived are the moments when you have done things in the spirit of love.
Henry Drummond

No, Raven's leaving the Internet to get closer to God. Seriously, that's what he said. :( His stuff is still up-you can see his farewell letter and he comes every so often, once a month maybe. :)

Boosflash DIAMOND, Papillion, Nebraska

What the front door.

I heard something somewhere. WHYYYY?????? Did raven stop coming or did raven delete ravens account?