behind the glass | Teen Ink

behind the glass

By mirandyg12 PLATINUM, Longmont, Colorado
mirandyg12 PLATINUM, Longmont, Colorado

we only live once, but if we live the right way once is enough!

That window you smile through ,that window you cry through, that phone you say hi through that tear you cry that fear when you have to say bye
when you see him look because a guard says "times up" you feel like giving up ,he keeps asking for one more minute the guard says okay you just cry wishing he could stay he says bye and you try so hard not to cry you smile as he walks away but when you cant see him no more your heart feels so sore he only gets certain days to visit while you go home and see his picture you kiss it you go about your day pretend your fine when all you can think about is the next time when you see him again you will pretend your fine when your just trying not to waste time your so happy in that moment when yous are talking you forget he's in there and you just don't care the world goes blank it's like your heart sank and you smile and laugh with each other and sit next to his wonderful mother as she stays strong through it all when you can tell she just wants to fall so you sit behind that glass trying to remember how he smells or how his hugs felt but you will never loose doubt that soon he will get out that's all you talk about you pray every night and cry till morning light you think of words and memories of him and you laugh but then you remember he's behind that glass then you suddenly feel all that mass you realized it happened all so fast you just want your heart in a cast you wake up to reality and you realize your uncle is behind the glass

it is about my favorite and close uncle who is in prison and this poem is about how i feel when i visit him and how hard it is to move on so yeah i really hope you guys like my poem and leave comments and like it please and thanxs :) <3