If I... | Teen Ink

If I...

By realbeautifulheart PLATINUM, Livermore, California
realbeautifulheart PLATINUM, Livermore, California

"Life is a package that you have to sign for. Yes, it's free. No, there's no guarantee as to what it holds. Open with caution, it's 'FRAGILE'." (I made this up.)

If I cared, I would just disappoint myself
If I feared, I would just disconcert myself
If I loved, I would just fool myself
If I listened, I would just deceive myself
If I dreamed, I would just encourage myself
Though if I cut, I would plainly just hurt myself

Expresses emotions I have felt, and something I hope I will never resort to doing. The pain we experience in this world is real, but part of it is just the risk we will have to take to find happiness. For example, to love, you will have to put yourself out there and trust. It could end badly, but it's a chance we take. If you cut, I sincerely hope you will find a way to stop. I promise you, whatever minor thrill you feel, it still won't end your problems, it will just cause more. Remember that you are important, you mean a lot to people around you, and you are wonderful. Nothing anyone could EVER say or do will change that about you. Absolutely NOTHING. Be strong, move on. Much love.

Thanks, I really appreciate it :)

2014Nation GOLD, Alma, Georgia

Never in the world does hatred cease by hatred; hatred ceases by love. - Buddha

I like what you wrote in the authors note. Your a great writer. As my friends would say "Brah that was DEEP!" hahaha.