For Those Who Know | Teen Ink

For Those Who Know

By nmk1128 SILVER, Fort Myers, Florida
nmk1128 SILVER, Fort Myers, Florida

"You don't write because you want to say something, you write because you have something to say." - F. Scott Fitzgerald

Mass connection of wants and needs
Mass dependance on brainwashing screens
Mass equality of all beings
Identical, indifferent, eyes that gleam
Shades of hate and love
Of forgiveness and regret
Forever imprinted by those we forget

Minority mirrors the masses and reflects it's own image
Sculpts it's memorial with the unmemorable minion
Upon the brainwashed it feeds
Manipulating the blind
Castrating the see
A matter unmattering to the mass, unseen

For those mutating from the mass
Prepare to matter
Prepare to decide
Prepare the clock work of society as it ticks in your hand
You alone will control the destiny of man
Most importantly prepare to be known and hated for it
May you live as fast as you die
May your place be replaced by an unknown member of the mass faster then that
For there is mystique in being unknown and requiem in the opposition.

Sincerely,
Those Who Don't Know

redhairCat PLATINUM, Pebble Beach, California

"I can do anything!"

Really good word choices! I like the rhythm and the rhyme. Good job!

SaphiraBrightscales DIAMOND, Islamabad, Other

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- Maya Angelou
When i was little/I used to point a chubby finger toward the dark sky/And ask my father/why some stars moved and others didn’t/He would laugh and explain that some were airplanes/I still wish on them today ~ Laugh-It-Out
The feathers of a crow are black/The ink of my pen is blacker/The pain of my heart is blackest~ Mckay
If love produced a blossom/I’d take it in my palm/What a blessing, the bright color!/How soothing, such a balm!/I’d keep a petal for my own/The rest, drop from my hands/For such a flower would multiply/And populate the lands~ thesilentraven
And I began to rival legends/Long entombed before my birth./But for all my much envied fame/The lust for more would not abate./The plaques and prizes with my name/Will, like all things, disintegrate. ~ TheEpic95 now known as Helena_Noel

Well, I'm glad too 'cause it's really hard to find something that interests me nowadays plus something that I agree with and like :D

nmk1128 SILVER said...
nmk1128 SILVER, Fort Myers, Florida

thank you! glad it peaked your interest

nmk1128 SILVER said...
nmk1128 SILVER, Fort Myers, Florida

I'm glad (: that's what I like to do

- Maya Angelou

Interesting. Also good vocabulary. :P

7_Ambitions GOLD, Bronx, New York
Loved it alot interesting it makes me think

nmk1128 SILVER said...
nmk1128 SILVER, Fort Myers, Florida

In a way its saying how if you decide to stray away from the pack that follows the few you will be scrutinized and you will be target and opposed, but through this opression you will have a greater impact than any of the those that stay in the mass. Thank you for your advice and I appreciate your comments and your reading of my poems.

Sparkle1pops PLATINUM, Colorado Springs, Colorado

"No great artist ever sees things as they really are. If he did, he would cease to be an artist."
- Oscar Wilde

Oh the only confusing part was in the last paragraph, but if you like it please leave it like it is. The only thing that is truly important about poetry is that the author is happy with it. So please keep it thois if you like it!

nmk1128 SILVER said...
nmk1128 SILVER, Fort Myers, Florida

What confuses? and yea I've got that before, but I don't know, I like it. 

- Oscar Wilde

I really like this poem but some of it is a bit confusing to read. You might want t tweak th last paragraph a little bit.