A Recited Truth | Teen Ink

A Recited Truth MAG

I pledge allegiance
To the flag
Of the United States of America
And to the controversial culture for which it stands
One nation, under whatever deity you choose,
Indivisible since 1965,
With liberty and justice for all who can afford a decent lawyer.

LeilaniLives PLATINUM, Fort Wayne, Indiana

"They say 'Life's two steps forward and one step back' - But what if I tripped and fell down the whole flight of stairs?"

wrong person. I meant to write to the person above you.

HAHA! Dude that's amazing!

wait crap , wrong one. -.-

HAHA! Dude that's amazing!

Amen. I'm right with you on that.

How about the Star Spangled Banner?

withouthim said...
withouthim, Troy, Missouri

"If you have it then you don't need to prove it, if you don't do put up the act"

I don't feel this poem is right. Its disrespectful to those who fought for this country and who helped make this country a place to have freedom of speech. This country will NEVER be perfect no one/place ever will be. That's how we were made, with a choice. people make a choice to sin and that's why the world is so messed up. its good but sadly false.

The_Girl_Next_Door PLATINUM, Elkins, Arkansas

~*The mind has but a thousand eyes, and the heart is left with one...Yet the light of a whole life dies the moment love is done.*~

I think you speak your mind. I respect that. I do agree. Our country is 'free' but you've got a point with that last line. A lot of Americans can't afford lawyers so many get in trouble for something they didn't do. Right on: Keep your opinion strong :)

Nechama SILVER said...
Nechama SILVER, Longmont, Colorado

"We are born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through out love and friendship can we create the illusion that for the moment we're not alone." Orson Welles

And the truth is out!

StarsMoon said...
StarsMoon, Lehi, Utah
lol thats funny! :)

i like it! its completely true

chrisbriones GOLD, Anaheim, California

"I believe nothing can be justly and completely explained by words."

its truly sad and disgusting what has become of humans in this society which we are solely responsible for crafting. the fine art of corruption seems to of become a forte. what a screwed up cultural system this has become...but hey: there are worse. thats another truth. and its because of that that this nation can still be considered great.

how low man has fallen, how low he continues to descend.

choirchic101 SILVER, Norwalk, California

in order for God to use all of you you have to be completely broken

thats cute. its true about whats going on in the world

alvina PLATINUM, Punta Gorda, Florida
i like it!!!....well actually love it!!!

Dancing_Shadows SILVER, Franklin, New Hampshire
I agree with Sarah B. Talented, very outspoken. But maybe choose something else that isn't our pledge to America to be opininated about.

Jazzzy517 said...
this is so true. absoluetly LOVE IT

corruptedlullaby GOLD, Milo, Maine

"Love is when you don't want to go to sleep because reality is finally better than some dream." -Dr. Seuss

I like this a LOT. Especially the part that says: One nation, under whatever deity you choose.

I'm agnostic and I used to be atheist so this is SO right. I hate that we have to say "Under God".

GOlacieGO GOLD said...
GOlacieGO GOLD, Lawrenceburg, Indiana

"I want a life that sizzles and pops and makes me laugh out loud. I want my everyday to make God belly laugh, glad that he gave life to someone who loves the gift, who will use it up and wring it out and drag it around like a favorite sweater." -SN

The last line made me laugh out loud.

Very nice job.

Sarah Biggers BRONZE, Marietta, Georgia
I do like this a lot, because I am really into controversial things. But because of that, I have to say I disagree with what you're truly saying. Love the way that it's said and you have talent, but this is America, and being that we have freedom here, anybody here to doesn't like it is more than welcome to leave.

Pink_Butterfly, FC, Other

"Never say there is nothing beautiful in the world anymore. There is always something to make wonder in the shape of a tree, the trembling of a leaf."
- Albert Schweitzer.

Very True, and good job, your poem is very well written.

earthgil said...
I think the same thing!!! Except the only thing i would add, is why do we pledge to a FLAG?! I mean it is symbolic i guess, but, i mean a bald eagle could work. just why a FLAG?

on Jun. 25 2009 at 1:21 am
KittenCaboodle BRONZE, Manalapan, New Jersey

"When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power the world will know Peace"- Hendrix

It was very clever I enjoyed it. As a person who says the pledge but omits "Under God", being atheist, I felt it adressed underlieing issues that many people ignore concerning our society and culture. for a country with separation of church and state, it's very hypocritical.