Humiliated | Teen Ink

Humiliated

By ladybugsrock SILVER, Billings, Montana
ladybugsrock SILVER, Billings, Montana

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

I sit here
Anger pouring out of my face
Tears running down my blood-red face.

I'm squeezing my elbows so tightly
That my arms are white.
My eyes the color of ember.

That memory playing over
And over
And over.

Their laughs
Their remarks
Their fingers pointing directly at me.

If I could relive that moment now
My life could be different.
Very different.

But here I sit
Looking out my window into the world
My life ticking on by.

I think hard about my future-
The life that I want to live
And realize
It is nothing like the humiliation
That I'm feeling right now.

I wrote this because I want people to know that in situations when you get embarrassed or angry, you have to move on or it will become your future.

ladybugsrock SILVER, Billings, Montana

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wow, thank you so much! I will absolutely continue to write! I hope that someday some of my work will recieve one of the top 5 voted on teen ink! That would be so incredible. I just have to keep writing and thanking all of the viewers of my poetry!:) Thanks again!

. said...
The poem is fantastic! You should absolutely keep writing! (-:

ladybugsrock SILVER, Billings, Montana

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thank you so much! I love it when people also give me things to improve on, it helps me a lot! Thanks for commenting, I will be sure to look at your work as well! I've recently submitted some new things, please check them out?:)

ladybugsrock SILVER, Billings, Montana

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wow thank you so much! You are so kind:) Of course I would love to read your poems!:) Im always looking for some good poetry to read! Be sure to check out some of my new work as well!:) Thanks again!

Padoodallee GOLD, Haven, Kansas

"I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free." -Michelangelou

The idea of this poem is really good! I think it could have been better if you either expanded on it just so more emotion comes out. I like how its depressing until the last stanza and it starts a thought that could end up hopeful. Good job! and please read some of my work too =)

remember16 SILVER, WhiteLake, Michigan

This is only a minor setback to a major comeback

i really like this poem a lot!!!!, your a really good writer(: could you comment and rate some of my poems; (:

ladybugsrock SILVER, Billings, Montana

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wow! Thank you so much! That is incredible that you were able to relate to it and I hope others feel the same way! I'll be sure to check out your poems and I hope you can check out some others of mine too! Thanks again!

ladybugsrock SILVER, Billings, Montana

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thank you so much! You are so kind! I will definentaly be checking out your poem and I hope you will look at others of mine too! Thank you sooo much!

I can reall relate to this poem if been in this situation before. So I cna undertsna dhow it feels yet just like in the poem  you get back up and pick up were you left off.

ChrisJ PLATINUM, Rochester, New York

"Man must evolve for all human conflict a method which rejects revenge, aggression and retaliation. The foundation of such a method is love.”
- Martin Luther King Jr.

Dark and mysterious...........I like it! Make sure you check out my poem 'Abused', it is actually rather similar to yours.