The Want of You | Teen Ink

The Want of You

By KaraTaylor DIAMOND, Neptune, New Jersey
KaraTaylor DIAMOND, Neptune, New Jersey

"life isn't a matter of milestones, but of moments"

"experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes."

"be as you wish to seem."

"it's better to be hated for what you are, than to be loved for what you are not."

It's the kinda thing you just don't know how to say. Wondering each and everyday wishing it would go away.
We have been through hell and back, far too long with each other to get off this track. You have stacked your lies neatly, cleanly, easily accessible for when you need to remember. Whether or not you care is a dare as to whether or not you'll wear your caring disguise. And to my surprise you're wiser than your lies and your minds' creative disguises make me wonder why I didn't see your tries. The nights I spent alone, stripped to the bone of the love I thought I owned from you. Too few know how it feels to love and steal your lovers only meal; player. I will be brave, yes, aware of the care I must lose, the troubling loneliness I must use to gather my thoughts, confused.
Didn't you know I wanted you?

HereSheIs BRONZE, Wellesley, Massachusetts

"We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light." -Plato

Nice word choice and flow, and it's got a good rhythm with assonance and sophisticated rhymes. I like the lines "you have stacked your lies neatly" and "you're wiser than your lies" especially.