You Can't Stand Alone | Teen Ink

You Can't Stand Alone

By Dead__Silent BRONZE, Estero, Florida
Dead__Silent BRONZE, Estero, Florida

" All that we see or seem, it but a dream within a dream " ~ Edgar Allan Poe

She found the courage to wake up with a smile on her face, knowing that no one would be able to notice what was buried beneath it all. She kept it locked inside; grasping that the only way to unlock it was to open up. But there was no one that would see past that smile that was sewn onto her flesh. But there came a little girl that was so far, lost in an endless abyss of nightmares. So silent, unable to open up to anyone, hurt by so many, and tormented by life’s game. They stumbled across one another and through their eyes they saw their refection. That little girl took the time to look into her eyes and found what was hidden deep inside. Yet through all of her mistakes, pain, and sadness that were hidden inside the smile, she looked past it all and found the beauty and joy. How was it possible? They came from different lives, but they knew that they couldn’t stand-alone, they needed each other. They both understood it was going to be hard to open up and get close, because they were both afraid of losing each other. But they know that they would always be there for each other, because the strength of their friendship was so mighty, it can withstand the darkest of times. But these words that are being read on this page can’t even describe what is hidden beneath their hearts.

This Poem is about a very dear friend of mine. And it was inspired to let her know that she is not alone in this cruel world, that i will always be by her side. She is my best-friend and i will always be here for her, no matter what!

Dead__Silent BRONZE, Estero, Florida

Do not be sorry at all! :)  Thank you so much. 

Trai307 BRONZE said...
Trai307 BRONZE, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

"Anytime you have th opportunity to accomplish something for somebody who comes behind you and you don't do it, you are wasting your time on this earth." -Roberto Clemente.

Nothing can express how hard it is to open up. I myself went through the same thing with my best friend, matter of fact, I'm still going through it. Waking up everyday and putting on a brave face and when someone asks, "Are you okay?" I respond with a simple nod and walk off to sit in a corner and fall apart. It's been like that since I could remember, then she came around and she struggles to get me to open up and I struggle to get her to open up. Sorry for the long story, what I meant to say, is that your poem is great, it's truthful and honest and will relate to a lot of people like it has with me.