Reviving Flower | Teen Ink

Reviving Flower

November 4, 2012
By ListenToTheNonsense320 PLATINUM, Hallandale Beach, Florida
ListenToTheNonsense320 PLATINUM, Hallandale Beach, Florida
44 articles 4 photos 8 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -Beatrice Evelyn Hall.
"Stones are raw, they blunt my paw, but words will never hurt me." (The Sight, David Clement-Davies) And many more...


We are like a flower. A mixture of rain and sunshine keeps us from shriveling. We must have this balance for too much sun will deteriorate us while too much rain drags us to the ground. When the pouring rain comes at us without mercy, our petals began to darken. We begin to die.

However, no matter how much we think we are hopeless, there is always one petal that remains intact. It holds on in hopes that the rest of her will blossom once more. That is the hope that keeps us alive. As black and agonizing as our soul may be and as oblivious as we may be of that petal inside us, as long as that petal remains, we are alive.

If the petal holds on, she will see that the sun will shine bright on her once beautiful, colorful self. Her strength will reach the rest of the flower and bring it back from its state of sullenness. That flower's beauty will flaunt its petals and touch others with her hopeful stems.

Unfortunately, sometimes the petal holds on for too long awaiting the sun that never seems to arrive and loses it's strength. That is when we grab the bottle of pills or the knife and drown in our own pool of blood as the last lifeless, shriveled petal gracefully sways to the ground.