Global Strike against the Restriction of Soles | Teen Ink

Global Strike against the Restriction of Soles MAG

By Rolledthestone SILVER, Nowhere, Other
Rolledthestone SILVER, Nowhere, Other

"You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye." (Matthew 7:5) and "All the poeple who supported slavery were free, all the people who support abortion live..."

Confined in socks,
encased in shoes,
suffocated by boots,
and restrained by high heels.
My feet want to be free,
they want to feel the sand in-between
their toes,
they want to rejoice in the cool water
sloshing around them,
they want to run on grass,
with ultimate speed,
run, to be freed.

For all those people like me who would much rather walk around life in bare feet.

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

I know your talking about something simple here. This poem is talking about something more deeper than it may seem. It's talking about freedom from oppression. I love it. You demonstrate one thing but in subtle way you talk of something so grand. 5 stars. 

bruisedmemories ELITE, Birdsboro, Pennsylvania

"When you're young, you can fly, but we trip on clouds 'cause we get too high" -The Band Perry (Song: Don't Let Me Be Lonely)
"Cause no matter what, you'll never be alone" -Lady Antebellum (Song: Compass)

I really like this! I love walking in bare feet<3 And it was short and sweet. Good job!

Apollo77 PLATINUM, Brunswick, Ohio

"All you have to do is write one true sentence. Write the truest sentence that you know.”
"Madame, all stories, if continued far enough, end in death, and he is no true-story teller who would keep that from you."
-Ernest Hemingway

that's a very non-violent dream, go for it  I say. actually it's short and sweet and I like that. great!

prolifepacifist, Cheverie, Other
YES! YES! I AGREE!  Free the feet! (And the soles)

3dancer SILVER said...
3dancer SILVER, Windsor, Colorado

"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that we never were. But without it we go nowhere!"

Oh my gosh I love this! I pretty much walk around bare foot all year round even when there's snow on the ground!

Rolledthestone SILVER, Nowhere, Other

Thx! It's my first submitted piece so I was sorta tentative to see how ppl responded. You've given me hope :'-)

half.note said...
half.note, Edmonton, Alberta
Wow, I loved this! Our feet should be freed!  \('o')/ Oh, I'm so dramatic. :P But I do like having bare feet. Especially in grass. <3 Fantastic piece. :D