My Life Was Hidden | Teen Ink

My Life Was Hidden

By SamanthaKate SILVER, Ekron, Kentucky
SamanthaKate SILVER, Ekron, Kentucky

''Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate,our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure,We ask ourselves,Who am I to be brilliant,gorgeous,talented and fabulous?Actually who are you not to be?We were born to make manifest the glory of GOd that is within us.And as we let our lights shine,we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.''♥ ♥ ♥♥ ♥♥ ♥ ♥♥ ♥♥ ♥ ♥♥ ♥♥ ♥ ♥♥ ♥

I wrote the song of my love,they were only feeble words.
I wounded my heart, refusing to let anyone in; this hurt was the fear of rejection.
I worked through sadness, but there were more sweet memories.
I wound throughout the lives of others.
I wrought a masterpiece with my smile.
I wrapped the stern,evil darkness into a patchwork of light with my voice.
I was wounded by the cruel hate of others; they tore away the last of my heart.
I watched as my life was slowly snatched away, like a young rosebud ripped from its lifeline to melt into brown wilted stillness.
I worried about those that would be left to face the world alone.
I willed myself to forget.
I wondered about heavens’ sweet music, and the angels dancing in the clouds.
I will walk again in that paradise.
I weakened.
I waited for my last breath to flee away, as if it were running, running like a deer from a hunter’s arrow.
I walked away, away from the pain, it vanished.
I won.

Dedicated to the twenty little angels from Sandy Hook Elementary.
We will not forget.

SamanthaKate SILVER, Ekron, Kentucky

Thanks,I really aprreciate that!

SamanthaKate SILVER, Ekron, Kentucky

Thank  you so much!

SamanthaKate SILVER, Ekron, Kentucky

Thank you :)

sadesdd DIAMOND, Elma, Iowa
Yes I would have to agree with both of these people. The words make the poem perfect. Thank you for dedicating this to those little children.

Phoenix98 GOLD said...
Phoenix98 GOLD, Shelton, Connecticut
I agree with farah9723, it is absolutely great with discribing and had good descriptive language!

farah9723 BRONZE, Beirut, Other

"Forget The Past~Protect The Present~Predict The Future!!.."

i love ur descriptive language :)