We Shall.... | Teen Ink

We Shall....

December 30, 2012
By Jlove SILVER, Albany, Georgia
Jlove SILVER, Albany, Georgia
5 articles 0 photos 8 comments

We shall overcome; We must no

longer be clinched under Uncle Toms' Thumb. They say the only way to keep the truth from a black man is to hide it in the books. Seems to me like its time to keep the same song just change the hook.



We shall learn to overstep our boundaries, approaching the battle of Racism & Poverty without a fuss knowing that we have the full armor of God wrapped around us. We shall no longer be a statistic; We shall use the rope of courage to lassle our dreams thuss making them realistic.


We shall no longer refuse to transend because of the fear of acquiescence, trapped in a web of cowardness afraid a blessing dressed as a challenge may be placed in your presence. We shall no longer be our brothers keeper, yet step from behind him and become his speaker.


We shall no longer walk with God while holding hands with the Devil. We never want to dig our own ditch of sins yet everytime, we bring the shovel. We shall no longer put off for tomorrow what we can do today. Just think as your life as being in the hands of a merciful God to sculpt his way.


We shall NOT leave behind a trail of tears for our family to remember us by; Instead leave behind an ocean of accomplishments to make them say "Hey, atleast they did try". We Shall , no We Will overcome. We will be all we are meant to be. Just look at it as going from a lifeless root, to becoming a big beautiful, vibrant tree.




-Jlove


The author's comments:
This is really a tear jerker... Its for those who have fears of overcoming because of fear.









-Jlove