It Is Coming For Me | Teen Ink

It Is Coming For Me

January 31, 2013
By Kingfan123 GOLD, Charles Town, West Virginia
Kingfan123 GOLD, Charles Town, West Virginia
17 articles 6 photos 46 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop to look around once in awhile, you could miss it."
and
"I'd rather stand alone for the right reasons than stand popular for the wrong."


I know eventually I will have to face that heartless beast.
I have looked into its eyes before. This is when, in my sixteen years of living, I was truly scared for the first time.

When the darkness has taken over for the day and the only light that can be found is not in my smile but in my lamp, this is when the tears come.
This is when the pain comes.
This is when the beast comes-ready to take me away into the new world.
This new world is what I fear, what I have suppressed to overcome.

One day, maybe not soon, maybe in years to come, the beast will take my hand and I will be forced to look into his eyes with sincerity and travel off to that new world where I have had rejected, hoped for, but sometimes loathed.
This beast is coming, each second taking another step towards my body.
I must ready myself before he knocks on my door.
The door is never locked, and it will open.


The author's comments:
It's really true. Interpret it as you will.