Take a Stand Against Bullying | Teen Ink

Take a Stand Against Bullying

By alohagirl7 GOLD, Klawock, Alaska
alohagirl7 GOLD, Klawock, Alaska

"no guy is worth your tears but the one who is wont make u cry"
"your just a guy, nothing more and nothing less"

What did they do to you? Why do you think you’re better, why do you have to be rude?

She deals with this every day. But she’s here for a purpose. She’s here to stay.

From everyone who teased her, I found myself doing it too. But I know its not me, it was never the truth.

I am not a bully, I quit. I wont see evil things happen and do nothing about it.

From every laugh to every snicker, you break someone down, and make them weaker.

I been there, it isn’t pleasing. From all the ridicule, and crying from the teasing.

Have you ever gone home crying? Having your mom hug you, wondering why.

People can sometimes be so mean, and to teachers, most of it is unseen.

I got through this all alone. But that is the unseen strength I have shown.

But girl, for you its going to be different Not cuz youre weak, but because my shoulder for your tears I have leant.

Nobody has to do it alone, I’ll be by your side. This emotional roller coaster, we will BOTH ride.

Courage is fire, and bullying is smoke. It disappears into the earth, like a bad joke.

One day we will both show fame. And all the bullies, will do the walk of shame.

Bullying doesn’t make sense. But it takes only one person to make a difference.

To the kids that go through this every day, your life won’t be the same. Cuz’ maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, us girls, are going to make a change.

“When people hurt you over and over, think of them like sandpaper. They may scratch and hurt you a bit, but in the end, you end up polished and they end up useless.”
? Chris Colfer

AlaskaGirl GOLD, Klawock, Alaska

"Screw the shining armor. I will take my man in dirty camo any day"

Tiona, wow, amazing poem. I'm... speachless...  Great Job!