Vengeful Monster | Teen Ink

Vengeful Monster

By Jeeves12345 GOLD, Santa Maria, California
Jeeves12345 GOLD, Santa Maria, California

It's okay, I won't judge.

There’s a vengeful monster inside of me
It cries to be set free
I tell it no
But it finds a way to breach its cage
I patch every hole
I patch up those friendships
But that monster still gets out
It knows my weaknesses
It knows my strengths
And uses them against me
I have no way to control it
I need support to remain calm
Otherwise that monster, would destroy everyone I know
That monster is inside everyone
But mine wants to play
Someone please help me cope
I don’t know what to do
But keep it bottled up inside
Even though it wants to kill me
I truly know how to find peace,
By reading a book, or by dancing and singing
Either way, that vengeful monster
Will always be a part of me

I had to speak my mind.

It's okay, I won't judge.

I am no girly girl i can tell you that much. and i personally dont mind that fact of people trying to be kind and all, but if you make it sound to corny or cheesy or whatever, its not going to come off well. Especially if its VERY flowery. If thats what you meant. No offense to ANYONE out there!

It's okay, I won't judge.

Thanks. Very slowly I am trying to help others to see that its ok to express yourself in good ways. And that by doing so, people can be reassured with hope.

on Jun. 4 2013 at 10:36 am
RoyalCorona SILVER, Grand Rapids, Michigan

All of us fave failed to match our dream of perfection. I rate us on the basis of our splendid failure to do the impossible. -William Faulkner

Wow! This is great and I love your description "I had to speak my mind,". I love it because of how honest it is, there isn't a bunch of flowery words to hide the message, especially not in the poem! Good job, keep writing stuff like this!

It's okay, I won't judge.

I thank you for using me as an inspiration! Tell me, do you only do poems or do you also do stories? I am planning on soon maybe putting one of my stories on here. Still thinking about it, but if you would like, I shall put one on here to really get some feedback. Stories are more my thing; not so much poetry.

Court901 BRONZE, Magnolia, Texas

"Imagniation is not a talent of some people, but it is the health of every person" -Ralph Waldo Emerson

I like this poem. I like the type that are more like ponderings, or thoughts laid down.  Mine are more stories in poem format and I want to write more like you do. I'm using you as inspiration.

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

Huh....I know and relate to what you're talking about here. I admit I can be spiteful sometimes....not really proud to say that. Revenge can become a monster in you, if you let it control you. Very thought-provoking. I like that you caprtured a more vulnerable side of you. It is very raw and open. Which I think appeals to many readers. Don't quit,  Jeeves12345