A Door to the Soul | Teen Ink

A Door to the Soul

By Metalhead08 GOLD, Port Republic, Maryland
Metalhead08 GOLD, Port Republic, Maryland

"I'd rather hate you for everything you are. Than ever love you for something you are not. " FFDP "You're born alone and you die alone" FFDP "I wonder out where you can't see, inside my shell I wait and bleed." Slipknot " If youre 555 then I am 666"

Wet eye lashes forming a hand full of ashes
A tormented soul dementing inside its wishes
A heart that has only known how to cry
As the days pass the daunting road goodbye
A long haunting love gone as a dove
Torturous thoughts scream inside how cruel of my love?
The bruises lay sun kissed on the surface, a fresh beating
The flesh lies in a war of defeat, oh how so neat?
Wearing upon the fresh flesh reminiscing the evil deeds
A high that must fulfill the need
Pain is pleasure
A meter not to measure
You're a temptation
I suffer in hesitation
You're such a bittersweet mistake
But yet mine to take
You were torn
As I mourned
By the way I left a rose on your grave
I suffer in darkness for the many signs you gave
Warnings I never heeded
Now you're gone and barely needed
You're soul whispers into the pathway of darkness in my heart by the way
I just came to say...I wished that you could live to see me today...

A boy I still love is who I wrote this for. I wrote figuratively as if he was dead, however he is still alive and well. In addition, I wrote it in hopes that maybe one day we will be together again, and he is my strength to keep holding on.

Someone2know BRONZE, Council Bluffs, Iowa

Dont let your insecurities ruin the beauty you were born with.(:

Good Job !!:)

Paigers97 GOLD said...
Paigers97 GOLD, Stanardsville, Virginia

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." --Albert Einstein

I can tell that some of it got messed up. But there were a few parts in there where you used two rhyming words in a sentance and it was I couldn't tell where it if you had three rhyming lines or just two. Other than that I loved it. I could see how the boy destroyed himself, how he did things that seemed to hurt people around him. I loved your cryptic way of writing that. 

When I submit these poems the freaking computer messes up my stuff! It's so irritating to deal with but this scheme is supposed to be ABAB too, I apologize for the inconvenience :(

Rebecca.xx BRONZE, Springboro, Ohio

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity."
-Edgar Allan Poe
(this summarizes my life)

This poem was great (especially the first line about wet lashes) but once again I'm not sure why most of yur rhymes lines but a few didn't.

You got it! that is exactly how i wrote!  He does things to destroy himself, so i wrote figuratively as if he was dead due to all the things he does to harm himself :( It sucks cause i know its all my fault, and i guess thats where my inspiration came from.

Tinytea PLATINUM, Hailey, Idaho

"Though she be but little, she be fierce." -Shakespeare
"We're all just trying to be saved, but truth be told, we're being saved by whoever loves us; no matter where, when, how, or why." -Me

This was an amazing poem! Did you write it as though he had killed himself? That sounds harsh, but that was the impression I recieved from it. I loved the poem.

Thank you so dearly much! I truly appreciate it! I defiantly see some parallels I look forward to reading more of your work :)

OlveraJorge1 said...
I know what you meant when you said.. "A boy I still love is who I wrote this for. I wrote figuratively as if he was dead, however he is still alive and well. In addition, I wrote it in hopes that maybe one day we will be together again, and he is my strength to keep holding on" Read some of mine and maybe you'll see some similarities in our work? I loved this piece, truly.

Please feel free to comment! I really want to hear some feedback, and the structure of my peom kinda got messed up but it is supposed to be end rhyme :(