Punctuation Do We Need It | Teen Ink

Punctuation Do We Need It

By ramfthomas4 PLATINUM, South Bend, Indiana
ramfthomas4 PLATINUM, South Bend, Indiana

“If the present world go astray, the cause is in you, in you it is to be sought.”
― Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy

? why do@ you need!
punCTuatiOn
. to be/ told how you~

% feel * about)

a& sentence<,

^to tell# the truth;

“it would{ be _ easier`
$without ]it\

anyone else have trouble with punctuation?

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

It does. Very cool assignment. 

― Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy

well, i wrote this after realizing i was relying too much on exclaimation points.  i actually wrote this for an assignment about e.e. cummings. thank you. i'm not sure why teenink did this, but it has really weird spacing.  it does that to a lot of my poetry...   

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

I can't say that I do have that much trouble with punctuation. Nonetheless, sometimes in my poetry I choose not to use punctuation. Not for a statement as some people may think, but rather, because I choose to do so. I see in this poem a lot of similarities to e.e. cummings. At times, it did seem hard to read and understand. But the thought and its theme to me are relatable. And it was humorous. Nicely done.