post-prognosis | Teen Ink

post-prognosis

By LoonyLoopyLupin GOLD, Raynham, Massachusetts
LoonyLoopyLupin GOLD, Raynham, Massachusetts

"I am proud of who I am. I believe in what I do." -Pavel Chekov (Star Trek The Original Series, episode: "The Way To Eden")

your
hair
is
softer
and
your
eyes
are
kinder.
the
days
are
shorter
and
I
just
realized
the
years
weren't
close
to
long
enough.

the moments are l o n g e r
but all the wrong moments.
all the wrong memories come back:
the times when I shut you out,
and when I said things badly,
and all those times I could have
hugged you, kissed you, said something
and I didn't, because somehow I guess
I thought you'd be around forever.

and
now
I
know
I
was
wrong.
and
I
just
hope
you
have
time
left,
and
maybe
I
can
have
some
of
it.
please?

mereCat PLATINUM, Horsham, Other

"I am finally colouring inside the lines I live between"

5 stars; i am in love with your writing - t is so beautifully expressive and honest!

OldYoungOne said...
I loved the emotion and everythig else I liked about the previous commentors have already said what I was goign to say. I enjoy how the poem strecthes just liek the speaker wanted the good moments to last that were full of love and complete bliss. I also liek how you did the same with the middle when you talked about the guilt and the bad times and made them close togetehr where the reader would take a shorter time to read it. Wonderful job in the spacing and the rhythm and teh emotion. You've captured a moment that many girls feel at least once in thier lives.

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

what captured my attention at first was the title, which I like. Then the structure fascinated me, which again I'm in love with, and must use in the future. the wording was lovely. The emotion was tangible. Congrats on the Editors' Choice. 

candlelightwriter GOLD, Kirksville, Missouri

"Secretly we're all a little more absurd than we make ourselves out to be"-- J.K. Rowling.

This is beautiful. I think you captured all the emotions here wonderfully-- guilt, regret, love, and repentance. (at least that's what I got out of it). Very interesting rhythm you established as well, but your poem still flowed wonderfully, good job :)