Do over | Teen Ink

Do over

June 15, 2013
By Alice28 GOLD, Somewhere Over The Rainbow, Oregon
Alice28 GOLD, Somewhere Over The Rainbow, Oregon
13 articles 0 photos 26 comments

Favorite Quote:
Its hard to defeat someone...who never gives up.


As High School began and the teachers would say, “don’t put off for tomorrow what you should do today” well I shook those words off and I laughed with my friends, we danced in the sunlight as though the fun would never end. The homework would pile up but who cares if its done? All I knew how to do was to have fun in the sun, I would drink and I’d laugh and I’d sing and I’d say why have fun tomorrow when I can have fun today? Then as my feelings got high, my grades in turn got low and though I thought I had all the answers there was still a lot I didn’t know. I didn’t know how to study, I didn’t know how to work, though I had a handle on the dougie and I knew how to twerk. So one thing I would take back if I ever could is that I would stop with all the bad stuff and I would learn how to be good. I would have done my homework, I would have worked more, I wouldn’t have procrastinated or spent so much time on the dance floor. I guess I would ask for a second chance at high school because grades mean a lot but I guess I can’t change the past so I’ll do the best with what I’ve got.