The One I Belong To | Teen Ink

The One I Belong To

By DarknessHasFallen GOLD, Broomfield, Colorado
DarknessHasFallen GOLD, Broomfield, Colorado

I'm fine. I just feel like I'm shattered into hundred of little shards of glass and I'm going to hurt everybody who loves me.

Can you hold me
and never let go?
When you touch me
I know who I belong to

They say
I'm too young to know
what true love is

But what could be worse than
leaving something behind
What if the only thing I find is
loneliness?
And you find
someone else?

I wrote this about a close friend, who I have a crush on, left for California. I was heartbroken so I wrote this.

Fallen_ PLATINUM, Quakertown, Pennsylvania

" a shattered world is only an opening into a new beginning with laughs, smiles, and love all around enter the world of the light and away from the broken darkness"

sorry to hear that angel, i liked this one part " i'm to young to know what true love is" and i liked the happy rythm when you read you just want to keep re-reading it. over all short simple elegant. 5/5 stars

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

Awe, sorry to hear this. Always tell your crush you got a crush on them when you have the chance, otherwise you risk the chance of them fading away. I feel your emotion in this. And I hope things do work out. It's never too late.