Corruption Aspect | Teen Ink

Corruption Aspect

By None0 BRONZE, Bellevue, Washington
None0 BRONZE, Bellevue, Washington

"Believe in the ideal, not the idol." - Serra

Darkest shadow, hang over me.
Fill my desires, make them bleed.
Come to this world, let them see,
All that exists: cease to be.

Rising darkness, come and dine,
Watch them all, lose their mind,
Eat away, across the line,
The light of hope, they will never find.

World Corruptor, rise and fall,
Bring the darkness, break the wall,
Heed my every, beck and call,
Leave no trace, destroy them all.

Darkest shadow, cast over me,
All is silent, not even a breeze,
I pay my toll. Darkness eats my soul.
May the world find peace.

Yes, the poem is disturbing. Yes, it's uncharacteristic of me to actually write a poem. But this was taking up space on my Darkest Shadow novel (it was part of the world-building process), so I decided to just submit it and get it out of the way.

Superhero_Fan SILVER, Tomorrowland, California

"Impossible; for How many people did you know who refracted your own light to you?” - Fahrenheit 451

Whoops! I meant 'trying'. Sorry for the typo!

Hahaha! Is that how you found my story? Wait, Lexus posted this today, and your comment was already on there... So I guess that isn't how you found mine.
Back to the main subject. You wrote a poem??? Are you okay? I'm thinking you might need a mental doctor. Joking! You're a good poet, even if you don't like doing this type of thing. Congratulations on tying something out of the ordinary! Was this from a villain's pov? I liked your rhymes! They flowed really well. Great job, None!

LexusMarie PLATINUM, Las Cruces, New Mexico

The more control you have over yourself, the less control others have over you.

Oh sure, anytime.. I really do try to get around to all the writer's that I enjoy speaking with as often as I can! As always it's a pleasure to read your work. So, I made a forum offering to leave people feedback who had none and someone named Superhero_Fan asked if I'd leave them feedback on their only post, which is a story called 'Dodger' and I know you do really well leaving constructive feedback when it comes to stories, so I thought I'd just let you know and maybe you can help them out. Seriously, you're great with stuff like that. But, as always, nice talking with you!

None0 BRONZE said...
None0 BRONZE, Bellevue, Washington

Yeah, it feels weird writing a poem. Mainly, I feel like poems don't really have a structure I can go by. Novels are easy because I can structure them based on the events. Poems just feel strange when there's no chronology to go by.   Anyways, thanks for reading, and a collective thanks for commenting on so much of my work. I really appreciate it!

A POEM? A POEM FROM NONE0? NO WAY. Haha, I truly am surprised though. It's been a long time since we last spoke and since I read your work. Like I was telling another writer, I have been really busy and I have had little time for TeenInk in the past week and a half. For someone who doesn't write poems I think you are really good at it. Your poems would be much different from most, as you are highly creative with your novels and you could take things from those and write poems. But I know you are not much for writing poetry. It is nice to see something different from you, though your writing is always 'different'. The rhymes are really good! The concept is interesting. All in all, you're a good poet. (: