Your Safe Haven | Teen Ink

Your Safe Haven

By SoulPoetry PLATINUM, Sierra Madre, California
SoulPoetry PLATINUM, Sierra Madre, California

"I will work harder" (animal farm boxer the horse)

You're walking on a barren road
No one cares if you're coming home
The world around you has grown cold
By the Winter in your soul
Fall has been buried by snow
Along with your dreams of old
Even though you're completely alone.
Remember, my heart is your safe haven
And I'll keep you close to home.

This is one of the shortest poems I've ever written. I hope you like it :)

sophistryxo SILVER, St. Louis, Missouri

“There was nowhere to go but everywhere, so just keep on rolling under the stars.”
-Jack Kerouac

This is awesome! It reminds me of song lyrics :)

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

I don't like it.....I LOVE IT! There's emotion in here that's heart-felt. Genuine. And I think everyone wants to be this kind of person for someone they care about. Beautiful imagery, by the way.

TargonTheDragon GOLD, Ofallon, Missouri

First dentistry was painless.
Then bicycles were chainless,
Carriages were horseless,
And many laws enforceless.

Next cookery was fireless,
Telegraphy was wireless,
Cigars were nicotineless,
And coffee caffeineless.

Soon oranges were seedless,
The putting green was weedless,
The college boy was hatless,
The proper diet fatless.

New motor roads are dustless,
The latest steel is rustless,
Our tennis courts are sodless,
Our new religion — godless.

I really like this. 5\5

Jade.I.Am ELITE, Fishers, Indiana

“If you're losing your soul and you know it, then you've still got a soul left to lose”
― Charles Bukowski

I think this is so beautiful and well-thought out. It's concise and amazing and it's just a;lskdf;j lj;amazing.

InspireWriter SILVER, Lansdale, Pennsylvania

I have a lot to say. I'm just a teen girl, trying to tell a story in the only way I know how.

Hey! I have thoroughly enjoyed this poem! It us so powerful & vivid and it displays a variety of emotions. Being short and simple sometimes is really a good thing when you know how to get the point across and still create a vivid picture for the reader in just a few lines. This is certainly one of those poems. Keep up your excellent work because you most definitely behold some pure talent in you!

Thanks Lexus C: you always write such wonderful comments and i really appriciate them <3 We should talk more though :) again thank you so much for the lovely comments they mean so much to me :)

JRaye PLATINUM said...
JRaye PLATINUM, Dorr, Michigan

"If you build your house far enough away from Trouble, then Trouble will never find you."

"Have you ever looked fear in the face and said, 'I just don't care.'?"

This is so great :) I always prefer quality over quantity (did I spell that right? Well anyways), and I think you did an amazing job with this. Keep it up! :)

LexusMarie PLATINUM, Las Cruces, New Mexico

The more control you have over yourself, the less control others have over you.

Oh, hello! I am afraid I have been super busy lately and so I have barely been on TeenInk in the last week and a half. I've recieved some wonderful comments and yet I have not had any time to return the favor! BUT I am here now and of all people you are someone I should talk to more, as you have always been so nice! I have missed talking with you! I hope you are doing well:) Anyways, I love this poem! The movie Safe Haven is really sweet, I enjoyed it.. I plan to read the book when I, of course, get the time. (; I enjoy short poems, they are either good or they aren't! Some writers just aren't able to get everything out in a few lines and some, like you, can! It's really impressive in my opinion. I am one of those people who needs to write fairly lengthy poems to get my point across. But, with that being said, I enjoyed the flow and the bits of rhymes. I love the symbol of winter as well. Symbols are my favorite! As always, great job! And I promise to get to your work more often:) And thank you times a million for always leaving me the kindest comments!

TanviKusum DIAMOND, Gurgaon, Other

All men who have achieved great things have been great dreamers.
Orison Swett Marden

"The role of a writer is not to say what we all can say, but what we are unable to say." - Anais Nin

we speak in hushed voices so as to not wake our memories

This is a really well wriiten poem. You have said so much is such few words. I like the idea of how you used winter. I wish it had come to me. AMAZING JOB!