Luminence | Teen Ink

Luminence

July 21, 2013
By Prominence BRONZE, Shit, Alabama
Prominence BRONZE, Shit, Alabama
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

My heart was the only place where reality's light didn't shine. As I sat in that classroom full of light talking to each other, I turned my face downwards as the reflection began to hurt my eyes.

Nothing moved my switch so I was in the dark about who I really was or what I could be. Moving around blindly, using society's beacons to find a way.

I had to stop moving when there was nothing illuminating my path. I was terrified what might be lurking in the distance. Was I walking into my cliff, or a spark for my heart?

There was only one way to find out. As I walked I suddenly hit my head against an object. It said "Ow." "Are you alright?" I couldn't see anything in front of me so this person was in the same boat as me.

After talking with this person, I realized we were very much alike. Ideas for the future beamed into my mind and it gave me hope.

With every word I could see more of her smile. Every sentence made her eyes light up.
"You sparked something within me." Was the last sentence I could utter after I took her hand walking towards our own path.