I suppose I should sit still and | Teen Ink

I suppose I should sit still and

By migwam ELITE, Tumwater, Washington
migwam ELITE, Tumwater, Washington

"Never let the future disturb you. You will meet it, if you have to, with the same weapons of reason which today arm you against the present." --Marcus Aurelius

I suppose I should sit still and
write my poem now.
Tonight I almost
burned the forest down.
Not out of spite
for the trees that do not love me.
Not out of jealousy
for the sundrunk canopy above me.
Not because I desired
the danger I'd be in.
Not to taste the smoke
I'd be bound to breathe in.
Not to end the
mortal life I'm tied to.
Not to avoid
facing those that I've lied to.
Not to destroy
the brave world that surrounds me.
Not to unravel
the things that confound me.
Not to hear
the dying snap of burning wood,
no,
I almost burned the forest down
just because I could.

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

Boderling? XD Correction: borderline. 

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

XD No wonder, you're not on that much like everyone else. That sucks, I assume not having internet at home. At least you're back. Getting Up to No Good? Sounds questionable. And very much like Fresh Prince of Bel Air. XD And I'm ready for the monsoon; I've alerted the U.N. of Teenink Poetry to expect itself to be immersed in your spectacular poetry. And I'm flattered you think I see more in your poetry than you intend. Your poetry is just insightful for me, unlike the majority of poems here. Which I hate to admit but can't deny. And you caught me red-handed. Yes, I was inspired by that wonderful poem, as most of your poetry does for me. Which tell me if it ever does become annoying or borderling stalkerish. And yes, I might be the devil. O_O Beware! :P

migwam ELITE said...
migwam ELITE, Tumwater, Washington

Hiii, yoouu. First off: I always write. Always always. But I don't have internet at home, so summer poetry was scarce because instead of being places I could be online, I was either Working My Ass Off or Getting Up To No Good. So now that I'm back at school, every teeny chance I get, I'm cranking out the stuff I wrote this summer So expect a tidal wave, haha. Onto the poem itself. As always, you flatter, my dear literary brother-in-arms. Sometimes I think you see more in my writing than even I intended, hahaha :)  By the wayyy, saw your reference to "some sense" in your author's note for "memorabilia". You devil, you <3

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

To me, it's felt like so long since you last submitted new poems. Personally, I love the rebellious and care-free attitude in this poem. There are things human do just because they can. Often we let standards or criticism prevent us from doing the things we want to do, regardless of what they are. The certainty of knowing you can do something, even so dangerous as burning down a forest (which I believe is considered arson which has a cumbersome penalty), gives off a brave vibe, which the readers want to embrace. Exquisite imagery as always. Can't wait for more.