The Empty Seats | Teen Ink

The Empty Seats

By BloodyMary PLATINUM, N/A, Other
BloodyMary PLATINUM, N/A, Other

Life is like a box of chocolates; You never know what you are gonna get.

Lovely days as I had said
Happy times as I had expected
Those cheerful lips that I had seen
Not for me like I esteemed

Laughter spreads around the room
But yeah, should I hold my gloom?
No one to seek, no one so fit
All of them hastily retreats
Leaving with me empty seats,
Ghosts of the blissful past
And grief that forever lasts.

The sentiments of a wallflower.

Zach_M BRONZE said...
Zach_M BRONZE, Andersonville, Tennessee
I really thought this was a unique poem. I love your thoughts and your symbolism; you did a really great job. I read this multiple times, but I didn't find much area of improvement, and with that being said, I really think this is a well written piece. Wonderful job

AcidRoses SILVER, Elmont, New York

"Many that live deserve death and some that have died deserve life, can you give that to them? Do not be to hasty to deal out death and judgement, even the very wise cannot see all ends."

"Can't get no more free randy!"

Gave it a few reads, a little hard to understand at first but I think I sort of get it now. the way I took it is that you're being forced to watch other people's glee and happiness and for some reason you're just stuck in sadness... I could be wrong though. Anyways, nothing really markedly wrong with this since you asked for critique. I suppose if I have to say something you could have added some more descriptive adjectives and some metaphors but its good nonetheless. Keep it up

BalladOfMonaLisa PLATINUM, Na, Other

To love and to be loved; to hurt and to be hurt. These are the ideals that make up humanity. ~Me (Lisa)

Awe, this is very cute, and simple but expressive. I appreciate the rhyme scheme, but some of the rhymes seem a little forced, at least to me. Despite that, it is still wonderful. Great job!