Be You. | Teen Ink

Be You.

By LitaSoto GOLD, Charlotte, North Carolina
LitaSoto GOLD, Charlotte, North Carolina

'Better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all"
"All is fair in love and war."

Could it be that society can not see? That we are just as blind as a man with no eyes. We coward in fear of judgement of others, who hide there true identity behind a mask. We are scared if the looks given to us by other who are mindless zombies following there favorite artist(s) just so they won't be ridiculed. Why stand in line waiting to be manufactured by society? Why not take a stand? Why not be yourself? If you're "gay" show it! If your emo, goth, scene embrace it! Society will always judge you behind your back, but they are not the worry. The only worry is you and if you decide to let mediocre fashion, people, and in some cases religion push you to be something your are not. Don't let fashion tell you what to where it's your body put what ever you want on it. Don't let the words people say get to you, you're your own person show them unique is better than drones. Don't let religion tell you who to love, love who you want and love them how ever it pleases you. We are all individuals. We all have bones and blood in our body. Take the chance to be you because one day we might not be as free as we are today. Be you, be happy, forget the image society is trying to uphold. Most important thing to remember is that they may try to put you down but it won't work because you are stronger than they will ever know.

Be you.
Be Happy.
Forget what society is trying to do.
You are stronger than they know.