Shadow | Teen Ink

Shadow MAG

By another_sky PLATINUM, Dallas, Texas
another_sky PLATINUM, Dallas, Texas

“And once the storm is over, you won’t remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won’t even be sure, whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain. When you come out of the storm, you won’t be the same person who walked in. That’s what this storm’s all about.”
― Haruki Murakami

this is the shadow
that winds and weeps
barely speaks
through this rhythmic existence

east_of_ada said...
east_of_ada, Null, Other

"As for me, I am a watercolor. I wash off." (via Anne Sexton,"For My Lover, Returning To His Wife")

"I think I made you up inside my head.'' (via Sylvia Plath, "Mad Girl's Love Song")

"You called it cosmic; I thought it was icy." (via Ada Coen)

four lines. lyrics are lovely, four lines is more than enough for me to want to curl up with this poem and cry. 

another_sky PLATINUM, Dallas, Texas

― Haruki Murakami

Oh my god, thank you! It so nice to think that someone who has been put in the magazine likes my work!

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

Excellent wording. The lyricism of the words you used gives a beautiful rhythm to the whole poem. Congrats on the Editors' Choice. 5/5