The parasitic | Teen Ink

The parasitic

By Opticalillusion DIAMOND, Edenton, North Carolina
Opticalillusion DIAMOND, Edenton, North Carolina

I am an artist bound only for the poet's glory....But only achieve half of the success that my dreams aspire to find, And to what do the whispers tell me of this failure...To what end to they haunt my nightmares...my eternal dark dreams...

Woeful me, the fool being eaten alive, woe for the fool infested by the life consuming parasite.
Indeed it is my own fault due to my provocative nature, but I never knew the outcome would be so tragic and would arouse inevitable failure. Oh woeful me…
The parasite paralyzed my lungs and dismembered my tongue. Oh woeful me…

The parasite hijacked my brain, the parasite drove me to the brink of the insane. oh woeful me…

What is it that this parasite sought? Why is it that the parasite had control of my thoughts? Oh woeful me…

This parasite tore it’s way into my heart, I never wanted it to get in but once it did thy parasite ripped it out and tore it apart! Oh woeful me…
Oh woeful parasite, you fowl succubus, I woe no longer and I shall no longer tolerate you and your ways of being insidious.
NO I am no longer your host! I am no longer your meal!
Woeful yourself, I have wounds I must heal.

This is a thought provoking metaphorical poem. least that's what i am going for ...

No-one-knows-me.. PLATINUM, Rockford, Michigan

To be or not to be That is the question.
-Shakespeare

I like the way you write this peice.  Its nicley put together.  

AMERICA. BRONZE, Portland, Oregon

Surround yourself with the dreamers and the doers, the believers and the thinkers, but most of all, surround yourself with those who see greatness within you, even when you don't see it yourself.

DO NOT BE AFRAID is written in the Bible 365 times.T.

I LIKE YOUR VERBS WAZZILY

Shade3043 DIAMOND, Shade3043 Did This, In Case Of Anonymous, Other

When I was a boy, I would always hear scary things in the news and my mother would say to me, "Always look for the helpers. Everywhere you look you will always find people helping." - Fred Rogers

The flow is kinda wishy-washy, but this poem is still really good. I like it. :D 4/5