neptune | Teen Ink

neptune

By migwam ELITE, Tumwater, Washington
migwam ELITE, Tumwater, Washington

"Never let the future disturb you. You will meet it, if you have to, with the same weapons of reason which today arm you against the present." --Marcus Aurelius

i will sit back in the sand and be a friend
to all of you
one by one
and squint at every neptune
in the sky
and despite the stories we have not told
and the threats we make to leave
each other the world will remain
enchanted
for a little longer.
i would conquer any mountain
any fiery crash
just to belong to this
place and you people
in shimmering autumnal halflight
warm and wandering breathless
on some grassy dune
or up on top of the whole god damned world
for one more night;
you’re all my heroes
in your lazy angry ways
you make me lucky
and bright
eyes ablaze and winded with the
magic of
young and wild.

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

Aw. I was about to say that I wasn't sure whether or not I was sorry to hear that. Then I remembered Caf is your friend. I was mistaking her for Ciaran. My bad. Anywho. I am sorry to hear that. There was this family in our church that switched churches for whatever reason. I wasn't close close with them. Nonetheless, it hurt to hear they had left. Now, church seems somewhat empty. Everyone feels like they're gone gone. We all miss them. But everyone chooses what's best for them. Life certainly is unpredictable. 

migwam ELITE said...
migwam ELITE, Tumwater, Washington

Well, we're at this point where everyone leaves, and the bonds, new and old, we form in this uncertain time often scatter to the four winds before we can even blink. Caf took off to Washington last week- that's probably the last time all of us will be together like that ever. Oh well. You know? Like you said. We'll always be there for each other. But we're never going to be here again.

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

I FLIPPIN LOVE THIS POEM. Sometimes, I've had moments when I dream of leaving everything behind and moving off somewhere else, far from where I am, somewhere exotic, perhaps...albeit Paris and London aren't that exotic. But then I remember all of my friends here, all of whom, despite our differences of opinion I love. Then, the thought becomes unbearable. Impossible. I can't fathom leaving them, even though, change is inevitable. And Life uncertain. I love how this poem made it seem like all of your friends were stars. They're there for you, but at the same time, you can't be certain that they always will be there there. 5/5.