Just Two Tears | Teen Ink

Just Two Tears

By GzusFreak10 GOLD, Staten Island, New York
GzusFreak10 GOLD, Staten Island, New York

Two lone tears, falling down my face.
Individual, yet twins in their identities.
They possess the same emotion,
Craving the same boon.
Nearly touching, yet impeded by an obstacle
Which none can breech.
They fall from the blissful blue of my eyes
Down to the harsh reality of earth.
They trickle down their paths,
Loathe to descend.
Neither one merry.
Down to the surface of reality they roll
Til on my chin, they meet and are united.
One tear.
One essence.
One being.
One destiny.
They can never be divided again.
Two have become one.
Though the next moment be bliss or biting,
One's fate will not be separate from the other's.
And so, my love, we fine our reflections here:
As just two tears. <3

This was written about 2 weeks after an emotional break-up, in which neither I nor my boyfriend wanted to split, but for various reasons, we had to. We had spoken once during that 2 week stint. I missed him incredibly, and broke down that night and cried a little bit. I wasn't crying as much as I thought I should...there was just one tear from each eye rolling down my face and onto my pillow. And thus, this free verse poem was born- the first in two or three years.

lol. sorry, i have a friend who is absolutely OBSESSED with river otters, so now every time i hear about them, i laugh maniacally. That's such a cute story! I should look it up. :) Yeahhh, we're really close. He's so special to me, i don't know what on earth i'd do without him. Legitimately, i've had the opportunity to, for lack of a better term, try other guys on for size, but none of them seem to be quite right, for a variety of reasons. Assuming i'm that special to him, there's no way everything's not gonna go well with me and my crazy boy. ;)

NotForMe BRONZE, Staten Island, New York
this reminds me of some video I saw one day of two river otters who were swimming together and got separated, but came back and held paws. 
I hope everything goes well with you and your boy. I can only imagine you are someone very special to him
;)