Here Goes Nothing. | Teen Ink

Here Goes Nothing.

January 14, 2014
By PineWildfires SILVER, Charlestown, Indiana
PineWildfires SILVER, Charlestown, Indiana
6 articles 0 photos 17 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
-Abraham Lincoln


Broken teeth and red stained concrete, this would've never worked without you. Seems like it hasn't worked at all. But you're distracted by everything that has been shown.

The sound of your name rolls off my tongue as you appeared. The stench of alcohol on your breath came to focus, as if I could when you're around. Every word spoken, electronic and loud as the ringing in my ears.

Diving into this, maybe... Too quickly for my preference. But I'm all for it if you're going. The more equal we become, it's a perfect fit. Even if you don't notice, I will always remind you. It's nothing to worry about, but just to be cautious.

You're hazardous to my health and I'm waiting for an exchange. The fire burning inside me is yours to claim. If you're up to the challenge, take it swiftly. Give me something to be proud of. Like a soldier, you've taken your stand. And where you stand, is your mark. Ready to fight, and your darker than before. You're going to be great out there. But right now, it's bone for bone. Blood for blood. Eye for eye. Right now this is you and me. In this spot, we are one. As it seems, your the only one backing down.

Silvery trails run from your eyes, and I suddenly couldn't move. Ghosts and nothing more than the deadline around us. The cracking of bones fills your head and suddenly you're carnivorous. It's better if it just ended, but now we are even. We are one. It's you and me. As you violently pulled and scratched, I realized that it's a game.

Something I could easily win.

Well... Here goes nothing.


The author's comments:

The fire burning inside me is yours to claim.