wounded | Teen Ink

wounded

By ansem_unlimited PLATINUM, Frederick, Maryland
ansem_unlimited PLATINUM, Frederick, Maryland

Thou may think of me as desired, to idolize or villanize me whichever you may choose. but gaze upon me and thou sall not see the husk of a man! for all my sins and all my bliss, i am anything but hollow
-Ansem_Unlimited

A moral wound stings far worse than that from physical strikes. For a cut may heal in but a day, the heart may take eternity to mend, if only you could see the scars on our hearts, the bleeding of our souls, I may be able to live without fear from those who surround me. No amount of armor can defend the soul, for people only notice the wounds they can see, the ones that sting the most. And those you invite into your heart, may be more compelled to break it, and when someone you once held close, decides to sever your heart, you’ll tremble and then you’ll laugh as you think, that it started with a single word

once again this is an old poem that I wrote in middle school, I keep finding them so I keep posting them so that other people can learn from my pain

Helena_Noel BRONZE, Burnt Hills, New York

“I'd rather see a sermon than hear one any day; I'd rather one should walk with me than merely tell the way: The eye's a better pupil and more willing than the ear, fine counsel is confusing, but example's always clear.” -Edgar Guest

Certainly interesting!The lack of formatting was a tad awkward, but didn't harm the flow too significantly. I like the thought that, if we could see the scars we all bear on our hearts, we may be a little less gaurded ouselves. Sometimes I'm afraid, however, that seeing those scars. It reminds me of a conversation with a friend where I complained about a million worries, then broke down, apologizing. I wasn't sorry for sharing, I was sorry because it hit me that everone has their own crap to deal with, even if you can't see it. If hers was as heavy as mine, she didn't deserve it!
Just thought I'd let you know about this poems impact on me. I know, its about heartbreak, I know its about betrayal and love, but this is how it hit me. This is a worthwhile peice, though; don't doubt it! Write on, ansem!