Baggage | Teen Ink

Baggage

February 5, 2014
By Authorintraining88 GOLD, Somewhere:p, Massachusetts
Authorintraining88 GOLD, Somewhere:p, Massachusetts
11 articles 1 photo 25 comments

Favorite Quote:
You are the universe experiencing itself


They say you can’t so you believe them.
They don’t see in you, the reflection of what you struggle to see in yourself.
Those who do see it hide it and bury it inside,
For the fear of letting you know how special you are.
They don’t want you to see your own light,
Because it might shine a little brighter than theirs.
It might reveal the blanketed insecurities they shove onto you.
Forced to carry these insecurities, you assume them to be your own.
Many times this will happen and many times you will silently lift others weight onto your back, weighing it onto your soul.
Eventually, these loads will cause you to stop.
You will find yourself in the middle of a road, an empty hallway, a quiet room, and in solitude you will slowly start to take off each layer of pain that has accumulated on your body and your mind.
You will shake loose old feelings of happiness, and a wave of subtle confidence will wash over you.
You will realize that you were carrying all that weight for nothing.
Those who gave it to you will always carry it. It is not your place to temporarily free them of their weight.
You will learn that it does not matter what others think of you, how many times they put you down. You will not care if people are jealous, frown, jeer, or smirk at you.
Because you love yourself. You do not love yourself because you have to, but because you want to.
You are proud of who you are and how you will grow after you let go of all thoughts telling you to be someone you’re not.
You will stand up tall and march on to face those masked figures who found joy in seeing you crawl.
You will pass them with a smile. Those who are truly happy have no desire for revenge.
From that day on you will carry nothing but a smile on your face.