Rabbit for Easter | Teen Ink

Rabbit for Easter

By helenh BRONZE, Scunthorpe, Other
helenh BRONZE, Scunthorpe, Other

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger

Awaking, in my bedroom, it seems like a normal day. I just wish that when I woke up, my dream didn’t float away.
Tired eyes, rubbing them sore, I open them, and what I see I just can’t ignore.
Staring in shock, a bunny rabbit I see. The size of a human, also fat not lean.
Frozen by surprise, I just can’t believe my eyes. The bunny stares back at me, his face shows off his glee. He smiles and talks to me, causing my face to melt free.
Shyly talking back at this big white thing. A giant white rabbit, with a big black hat and watch. A label stuck out of him, which gives his fur a nice touch.
The label attached to him says twenty eight pounds. I ignore it, I don’t care,

I don’t want to make to much sound.

(Page 30)
The rabbit sits near me on the side of my bed, as I slowly turn my head. I look at my half open bedroom door; I notice that my parent’s door isn’t shut anymore.
I spend the whole day, with the rabbit that looks really worn out. The next day I wake up and I can’t see him. I shout, the bunny has gone! Why? I cry

This piece is about Easter and it is about a child who wakes up on an Easter Morning to see his father dressed as a giant white Easter rabbit. The boy believes it's a real Easter rabbit. The boy spends Easter with the rabbit and has fun, but when he wakes up the next morning and the rabbits gone, he cries.