Never Let It Go | Teen Ink

Never Let It Go

By JJ_Lone PLATINUM, Davenport, Washington
JJ_Lone PLATINUM, Davenport, Washington

wind blows my hair like a sail
i walk slowly, so i can understand patterns
i look around
i see below me dark, crumbling asphalt
i see above me white, marshmallow clouds
i see shiny, gleaming cars
ride past me like i am air
i see upturned roots rising
i see people running like there is no tomorrow
maybe there isn't going to be one
i could die anytime, you could
the world could end anytime
everything in the world is saying
to take anything and everything in
and never let it go

I_Love_To_Write BRONZE, New Delhi, Other
Beautiful!

Dezarae SILVER said...
Dezarae SILVER, Wentzville, Missouri

"When your going through hell, keep going."

You did a great job with imagery 

uncomfortableBrunette SILVER, Lr. Sackville, Other

I want to hate you half as much as i hate myself

I liked it! There was deffinetly truth in that poem. You or I might not have a tomorrow! It was kinda deppresing, but in a good way.

Hells_Will SILVER, Davenport, Washington

"Wrists are for bracelets, not cutting" - Kellin Quinn

Gurl!! Awesome as always!!!!! i love it!!!!! although you used the words "i see" alot which kinda made it sound a bit repetitive and it kinda threw the whole poem off for me but even so i still loved it! marvelous job!!!! keep up the good work!!

Katgirl SILVER said...
Katgirl SILVER, Fruitland, Idaho

You'll never catch it if you never let go

well, honestly I was disapointed that it wasn't a frozen parody so it was hard to like it, but I'm going to read other stuff of yours 

Valor GOLD said...
Valor GOLD, Hawthorne, California

“Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there-on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.

The Earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the endless cruelties visited by the inhabitants of one corner of this pixel on the scarcely distinguishable inhabitants of some other corner, how frequent their misunderstandings, how eager they are to kill one another, how fervent their hatreds. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that, in glory and triumph, they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.

The Earth is the only world known so far to harbor life. There is nowhere else, at least in the near future, to which our species could migrate. Visit, yes. Settle, not yet. Like it or not, for the moment the Earth is where we make our stand.

It has been said that astronomy is a humbling and character-building experience. There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another, and to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known.”
― Carl Sagan, Pale Blue Dot: A Vision of the Human Future in Space

Very well done just need some grammar corrections. 

_Tennessee_Love_ BRONZE, Easley, South Carolina

¨the difference between promises and memories, is that we break promise and memories break us.¨

This was a very good peice!

PrinceLion GOLD, Oxnard, California

"When you find a diamond, try to break it." ~ Prince

Very interesting poem! I found it elbaorate and beautifully written. Yo ushould manage to keep ceasura to a correct deposit within your poetry. In other words, your pauses throughout the poem should be thought out a little better, in their placement. Overall though that is probably the only flaw. It is a great poem! awesome imagery!

AllSoPlayfulWhenYouDemonize BRONZE, Richmond, Virginia

"Our passion is our strength."
-Billie Joe Armstrong

This is beautiful. Loved it.

dinks PLATINUM said...
dinks PLATINUM, Hinsdale, Illinois

"and kisses are a better faith than freedom"

I love the idea of this poem, and the comparisons you made with nature and such. However, I do think the rythm is a little off. good job though!

themajesticpoet BRONZE, Bloomington, Other
Ent for a more he way you began it was phenomenal.. You made it quite clear how everything is in tune with one another... You began teaching in the end, which sort of broke the rhythm, but yet kept a certain feel.  I would recommend teaching in the same poetic nature as you began the poem, but that is just my opinion.  You will have to be understanding of your own words before others can understand them.  But all together it was well penned, intriguingly inspirational, and powerful.. There was so much soul in it and a hint of heart, no thought could penetrate the barrier.. And also, I love the way you wrote the words in to make it known that time is an illusion.  I critic work everyday and rarely get this in to it.. Keep writing, and be you at all times, so the message of your words work in ones heart and make them realize who they are, what is going on, when things may happen, how they will happen, and above all why.. I apologize for my lengthy comment, but this is how I critic.... Thank you!

freeday15 GOLD said...
freeday15 GOLD, Paramus, New Jersey

"Love is Blind" i truly believe in this it is in all of my pieces, and if u read between the lines then u will find it there...

I really like the idea behind this. I think towards the end you went for the metaphorical route, am I right? Correct me if I am wrong. I think maybe focus on the aspect of nature, and how everything seems to be in sync.