I'm Just Hurt | Teen Ink

I'm Just Hurt

April 17, 2014
By AliyahBrown BRONZE, Lindenwold, New Jersey
AliyahBrown BRONZE, Lindenwold, New Jersey
1 article 0 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
"If you don't like something; change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude; don't complain." - Mya Angelou


My Passion is aggression.



3,4,5 “POP, POP” flies out the bullets of the gun, reaching deep into my soul, trying to destroy everything that I’ve worked hard to become.



H-U-R-T, hurt has been my best friend throughout what it seems like a trillion years filled with pain. Not because I'm angry, even though I have a reason to be.



Yeah she’s pretty, yeah she’s cool, but I bet you didn’t even notice that she’s heartbroken, lonely, yet NOT infuriated. But for why aint I? Cause I refuse to give attention to the non-sense, I aint blinded. Got four eyes, and a bright future, to start looking at everything behind me.



Yeah there’s blackouts, and many different thoughts. Too bad it was never my fault, yet I have always been the one to blame when it comes to you. I’m just a young girl with big dreams that no one believes I can accomplish, and it makes it even worse when you not here to support me, because you supposed to be able to see right through me, like the mirror that you brought me, more so the mirror you created, which built who I was, and I pray every night, that one day I can walk away from it. It’s been a month since you saw me, nah you can’t even call me. And that’s unforgivable, cause I’m miserable without you. I cry cause I want you, too bad I can’t have you. There goes heartbreak number… I can even count.



A mother is a woman who has raised a child, given birth to a child, and/or supplied the egg to conform the child. Well you birthed 7, and got none. Daughters with anger management, and that son of a gun Autism caught you youngest son. But Hey! And to think that you even care. You aint nothing but the egg donor, not a mother. Feelings are left in the middle of the street, pedestrians, and drivers continuously, and intentionally hitting and stepping, and just squishing them! You minds well say they never existed.



Nah I aint Mad, I’m Just Hurt



I was always told that love was forever, guess not. But it all came crashing down just when you forgot to love me, hold me, cry with me, kiss me, and tuck me in. Feel for me like I’m your daughter, not your long lost friend.



Not the girl who sleeping with your baby’s daddy, nor the girl who sliced your arm like a piece of cheese, nor the girl who you claim as ya' “friend”, and for sure not the girl who put your life on freeze.



Nah I Aint Mad, I’m Just Hurt.



I want you to feel my pain and see how long you can live. I’d be damned if I told that I gave two sh...See Ima just watch my mouth cause the people who raised me would be very disappointed, something you could never say cause you weren’t there!



Who supposed to show me and your other 3 daughters how to be good women? How to survive? And how to NOT make the same selfish mistakes you did? Guess we gotta leave it up to God, cause you turnin’ up, clubbing, partying, barhopping, fighting, having sex with many different men at many different hours of the night, revealing your insecurities as a woman. One of them consistently raising his hand in order to black your left eye, you think it’ll only be there temporarily, but his purpose is to scar it forever! And you let him! And on the other hand, you had his babies, thought that would do some good, whap, whap again, you closed your mouth as you should...NOT. You didn’t fight for yourself, just like you didn’t fight for your kids.



What was so good about a man who put his hands on you, who couldn’t keep a job, who LET you turn on your family! He couldn’t even keep his sanity for the life of him, when all you continued to do was cater to him.




Nah I Aint Mad, I’m Just Hurt.



Over and over again I would cry your name. “Mommy, mommy please come home!” But you didn't listen, and now you in this phase of your 2nd oldest daughter saying “I told you so” and you're so in denial about what you’ve done in the dark, that you avoiding the light. We all sat and struggled growing up while you lived “the” life probably denying you even had kids, even though everyone knew you was built of lies, which makes you less of a woman that you are, and will ever be.



I can’t keep smiling, like everythings okay

If you not gonna stick around, just please stay away.

You have those eyes, and I’m sure you can see,

That I have the shadow reflecting on what you could never be.

My Passion is Aggression. My mind and heart is quickly alert.



Nah I Aint Mad, Mama I’m Just Hurt.


The author's comments:
I wrote this completely from the heart. It's a true story.