Heal the Land | Teen Ink

Heal the Land

April 16, 2014
By White-Rabbit SILVER, Thief River Falls, Minnesota
White-Rabbit SILVER, Thief River Falls, Minnesota
7 articles 1 photo 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then." Lewis Carroll


Everyday I have been a witness to a world that spins incoherently, without reason or purpose. A world that spins because it is drunk with pain. I sit back and watch, and I wonder how? How can I make healing, rather than so much sickness, contagious among these people. My world needs an epidemic of love. A compassion that spreads into every vein and affects every part of everything that's alive. Even though I live and love with all the depth in my spirit and all the strength of my being, I am not enough to heal the land in which I live, I could never be enough while I stand alone. Yet when the remedy of my kindness is finally the cure for someone else's agony, they too see the need for healing and reach out their arms to embrace the sorrowful and to cure the others afflicted with the broken heartbeat born unto us by our dark earth. And finally, I am witness to something greater: the revelation that I cannot heal this world, but that I can do my utmost to heal those suffering around me, and slowly, our humanity may find within itself, the strength to heal the land.


The author's comments:
Find the love that goes beyond human nature and pass it on.