Observe and Conclude | Teen Ink

Observe and Conclude

July 8, 2014
By Theraforever PLATINUM, Dubuque, Iowa
Theraforever PLATINUM, Dubuque, Iowa
20 articles 0 photos 16 comments

Favorite Quote:
And still I rise.


Careless. I fear. Hope. I awe. Desperation. I see. Fulfillment. I want. We made the dreadful maze with this world, still we spit on every turn. I observe , like many others the twists and the turns, the spit and the mouths that delivered it. I witness and conclude. I also get lost and may even portray one before me when times are somber. Life is lead and followed, the music of hearts - whether alive or not- is the only music that matters. I often find myself with little melody, too caught up in the notes I scratch in my mind. Most likely being poured by whispers that despise me. Yet, if the shine shines bright and the sight looks to light, the instrument that plays in my head is found to be yells of how admirable I am. Not everyone can live that way, I see it all the time. Flameless souls, bodies of fade. Some find it rude, I refuse to pity the hosts of gray that spread their sorrow on the floor waiting for the shine to not shine anymore. I walk even when my feet are near break. Sometimes I have no destination, only going where the blood that droles from my heels is not to be seen. I will not make the same step twice. A new step is a new observation that leads to a conclusion. I may break the rule- not set in stone, if I am in need to learn a thing twice. That thing just so important. I may walk back on where I've been and lay on it. The steps I have made add up to a number smaller than my mind. The drum I carry is young yet the notebook in my hands is aged in all time. With these tools I observe and conclude.

Careless. I fear. Hope. I awe. Desperation. I see. Fulfillment. I want.


The author's comments:
This poem is mostly about how I observe life and what I take from it. By observing others I have figured things out for myself.